Regular Contributor
Fresh-Start

Bill Me Later - Using old CR

To those in the forum with BML:

I was denied a CLI increase (attempted to purchase something over my current CL) twice by BML and when I receive the email as to why, they are using a CR from October!  Is this normal? Do they ever do a sp to check current status?  Just curious...

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Bill Me Later - Using old CR

Bump for help 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Frequent Contributor
Mike360

Took me about 6 months before they would give me a increase. I also was denied twice before getting the increase. 

~~In my wallet: Best Buy $7500, Dell Preferred $5500, Discover IT $4000, Chase Freedom $3500, Barclays NFL Extra Points $3300, Sears $2800, Bill Me Later $2100, CapOne Platinum $2000, Kohls $1500, Target $200
Regular Contributor
PleioneG

They're with a new lender now, yes?

Wallet: Capital One Platinum - $2000, Amazon - $3000, Walmart - $3000, Discover It - $1000, Chase Freedom - $3000
Current Score: TU98: 678 - 2/2012, Walmart TU - 672 2/2013, Equifax 713 - 1/2013
Goal Score: 700 for all three.
GC Challenge: App free since 1/2013. No more apps! 2015 for mortgage!
Valued Contributor
FinStar

PleioneG wrote:

They're with a new lender now, yes?

Correct.  Comenity Capital Bank.

Contributor
Anf_dude

Fresh-Start wrote:

I was denied a CLI increase (attempted to purchase something over my current CL) twice by BML and when I receive the email as to why, they are using a CR from October!  Is this normal? Do they ever do a sp to check current status?  Just curious...

I Was Denied 2 Increases As Well, But Never Got A Letter Stating Why.? 

Regular Contributor
Fresh-Start

Anf_dude wrote:

Fresh-Start wrote:

I Was Denied 2 Increases As Well, But Never Got A Letter Stating Why.? 

Thanks all for responding!  

Glad to know I'm not the only one. So maybe the pattern is after six months I may be approved...we'll see.  But yes, I do get a letter via email shortly have the denial with the reason's and my credit score and the date of the credit report they used.  Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am signed up to get statements and other notifications via email. 

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
improvingmycredit

Fresh-Start wrote:

Hey Fresh-Start!

I believe that BML, like Amex uses the most recent SP of your CR to determine approval status.  A lot on this forum believe that the SP takes place at the time of request but this isn't alway true.  I don't know the frequency by which BML accesses your file to determine approval.  I'm thinking every 6 months or so.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, TotalRewards 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}