Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later - Using old CR

tag
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Bill Me Later - Using old CR

To those in the forum with BML:

I was denied a CLI increase (attempted to purchase something over my current CL) twice by BML and when I receive the email as to why, they are using a CR from October!  Is this normal? Do they ever do a sp to check current status?  Just curious...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later - Using old CR

Bump for help 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Took me about 6 months before they would give me a increase. I also was denied twice before getting the increase. 

Message 3 of 8
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

They're with a new lender now, yes?

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 4 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@PleioneG wrote:

They're with a new lender now, yes?

Correct.  Comenity Capital Bank.

Message 5 of 8
Anf_dude
Contributor

@Fresh-Start wrote:

I was denied a CLI increase (attempted to purchase something over my current CL) twice by BML and when I receive the email as to why, they are using a CR from October!  Is this normal? Do they ever do a sp to check current status?  Just curious...

I Was Denied 2 Increases As Well, But Never Got A Letter Stating Why.? 

Message 6 of 8
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@Anf_dude wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

I Was Denied 2 Increases As Well, But Never Got A Letter Stating Why.? 

Thanks all for responding!  

Glad to know I'm not the only one. So maybe the pattern is after six months I may be approved...we'll see.  But yes, I do get a letter via email shortly have the denial with the reason's and my credit score and the date of the credit report they used.  Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am signed up to get statements and other notifications via email. 

Message 7 of 8
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Fresh-Start wrote:

Hey Fresh-Start!

I believe that BML, like Amex uses the most recent SP of your CR to determine approval status.  A lot on this forum believe that the SP takes place at the time of request but this isn't alway true.  I don't know the frequency by which BML accesses your file to determine approval.  I'm thinking every 6 months or so.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.