Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later - increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bill Me Later - increase?

So I know Bill Me Later likes to call it a 'credit line' instead of 'credit limit', but does anyone here know how exactly our Lines can be increased?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later - increase?

You try to make a purchase!

Sorry, that seems like a flippen answer but from my understanding.

Message 2 of 9
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Yea I think the only way would be to keep purchasing items and paying it off accordingly. Try giving them a call.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 3 of 9
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I opened a Bill Me Later account when I purchased an item via Ebay. My CL was odd...$664 CL and it was my understanding that they only allowed CLs up to $250. I read too that they had CLs but that they were not limits. I think if you wanted an increase...you'd have to call their office or charge over your limit and see if they approve it. Bill Me Later doesn't report to the CRs which kinda sucks...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I opened a Bill Me Later account when I purchased an item via Ebay. My CL was odd...$664 CL and it was my understanding that they only allowed CLs up to $250. I read too that they had CLs but that they were not limits. I think if you wanted an increase...you'd have to call their office or charge over your limit and see if they approve it. Bill Me Later doesn't report to the CRs which kinda sucks...

Couple years back my parents each had a card... one of them had a limit showing at around $1200 or something, the other account never showed a credit line but was at about $3200 at some point... it started declining purchases but still did not put a CL online of what spending you could do... it seems little odd if you hit it quickly or what not... 

Message 5 of 9
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I was approved for about that same amount too when trying to purchase an eBay product. But I didn't read anywhere saying their CL are only allowed up to 250. It does seem pointless that it doesn't report to any bureau. But it can affect your credit score if you don't make the payment.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 6 of 9
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

^^LOL I read it when I was applying for it through ebay. I made a purchase and it didn't report a CL until after I had received my bill.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 9
RyVision
Valued Contributor

My DM was approved twice (closed it once years ago, then reopened it again a couple years back).  Both times it showed a CL, first was 4500, second was 3500.  Doesn't report.  Second time there was an offer that fit a purchase.  I don't know if the application was done through Ebay, I don't think it was though.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies, all!

I've had my eyes on an iMac for about 5 years. I'm horrible at saving money (yet great at paying my bills?), so I know it would take too long for my patience to save my money for one. I wanted the latest greatest one, but the price is just too much, so I think I'm going to go with the 24" model instead, through eBay. The price difference is amazing, but so is the hardware LOL.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.