Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later linked to PayPal Question

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Bill Me Later linked to PayPal Question

Does unlinking your BML from your Paypal account automatically close the BML? Just wondering if anyone has done this. 

Thank you for any replies!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later linked to PayPal Question

You have to call them to cancel. Source: I canceled my account. Make sure you have a zero deposit. They will try to talk you out of it by the way.

Message 2 of 6
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I don't want to close the BML line, I just want to be able to have a PayPal Visa down the road, and you can't have both (BML linked & the Visa). I have been told to just open a second paypal account but I prefer not to if I don't have to.

Message 3 of 6
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Ugh! So I opened a separate PayPal account, got the pop up pre-qual for a Paypal Smart Connect account (yay so far).

Finished the information needed & got the 7-10 day notice regarding approval. I really have no need for this second account or the PayPal Smart connect (I would use it & another TL definitely wouldn't hurt but...) I really saw no reason to recon. And promptly closed the additional Paypal account.

Got a letter today from GE asking me to confirm my home phone # to approve the account.

sdjfhsjdhfkjsdhfjsh

I am too impatient sometimes!!!

Message 4 of 6
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

All that drama. All you had to do was call in and cancel your billmelater account. I hope you get your Paypal smart connect regardless. Methinks you're a credit addict like me.

Message 5 of 6
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

But I was trying to avoid closing my BML lol, I use it!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.