Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later now has LOCs

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Bill Me Later now has LOCs

I recently made a purchase using Bill Me Later and not only did that not do an INQ on my credit report, I got a line of credit to use through any company that uses Pay pal.  I have been a customer of theirs for a few years now so I don;t know if they do that for new accounts.  No reporting to the CRAs and 0% for 6 months on any purchase over $100.  I love BML.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 104
103 REPLIES 103
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later now has LOCs

Yep, I love Bill Me Later :3 and they usually check EQ or TU and not Ex.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 2 of 104
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

I LOVE Bill Me Later too.. It's nice having an account that I can use to make significant purchases with, rack up a little debt, pay it off in a timely manner and NONE of it is Fico's business, lol..

Message 3 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one thing I've always been curious about, so based on what I've just read here in this thread, Bill Me Later will not HP your report/s (not that it matters all my reports are froze) and if you use BML it does not show up on your reports as a new TL?

If this is the case, it sounds like an excellent (secret from your credit reports) way to purchase something and pay over time without my credit reports ever knowing about it (of course unless you default)

I have a PayPal Smart Connect Card 2150CL, is BML totally seperate from that?

In the meantime I'm going to do some searches here on the Forum, now that you all have me thinking about this.

Message 4 of 104
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is one thing I've always been curious about, so based on what I've just read here in this thread, Bill Me Later will not HP your report/s (not that it matters all my reports are froze) and if you use BML it does not show up on your reports as a new TL?

If this is the case, it sounds like an excellent (secret from your credit reports) way to purchase something and pay over time without my credit reports ever knowing about it (of course unless you default)

In the meantime I'm going to do some searches here on the Forum, now that you all have me thinking about this.

Great questions Mustang. After reading OP's message, I too now am curious about BML.

No HP to open an account?

Does it only appear on your credit reports if you default?

Message 5 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Great questions Mustang. After reading OP's message, I too now am curious about BML.

These are the answers I'm looking for too CS.

Hopefully someone will chime in.

(BTW CS, did you get any snow yet?)

Message 6 of 104
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No snow yet. Frankly wouldnt bother me if it didnt snow at all. But I fear that once we get snow, we are going to get hammered. It's Massachusetts, it can rain, snow, sleet, hail and have sun in the same day.

I was reading some other BML posts, it seems that they do an initial HP to open  the account but they do not report to the credit bureaus. Also read that their APR can be outrageous.

Message 7 of 104
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They do a Hard Pull when you open your account and were doing soft pulls for increases above your purchasing power.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No snow yet. Frankly wouldnt bother me if it didnt snow at all. But I fear that once we get snow, we are going to get hammered. It's Massachusetts, it can rain, snow, sleet, hail and have sun in the same day.

I was reading some other BML posts, it seems that they do an initial HP to open  the account but they do not report to the credit bureaus. Also read that their APR can be outrageous.

I feel ya there, I do not want to see any snow this year!!!!!

So they do HP at first. Well, that's not going to happen, I thought it sounded to good to be true.

Thanks for the info CS and JusdoNit.

Message 9 of 104
n777ua
Established Contributor

I opened a "Bill Me Later" account this summer, there wasn't - and has never been an HP.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 10 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.