tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bill Me Later now has LOCs

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Just need to find out who they pull

I just called BML again (wanted to speak to a different rep) to see if the info James gave me was accurate, and it seems as it was.

I was told that when applying for a BML account it IS a soft pull on EQ (they are EQ pullers CS) and if any of you have been HP'd to contact BML using the number I provided in my previous reply.

I explained that my EQ report is froze, she said she was not sure if the app would go thru, and if it didn't, I would be contacted by a BML CSR within 48 hours, to go over a few things, I was told that I would not need to lift the freeze to complete the app, they would just need to ask a few questions to complete the app (which has me wondering) but that's the latest update I have.

Thought I'd pass it along.

Just wanted to pass along this updated info.

Well I should be expecting a phone call then Smiley Very Happy

According to the BML CSR, yes you should be.

I believe it's supposed to be a soft pull, but the CSR's or if apping online the computer is not coding it correctly resulting in a HP (who knows), and I also think what happened to you LS is because your EQ was froze.

My EQ is froze (well all my reports are froze) maybe I should just give it a shot and see what happens?!?!

Message 41 of 104
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I just called BML again (wanted to speak to a different rep) to see if the info James gave me was accurate, and it seems as it was.

I was told that when applying for a BML account it IS a soft pull on EQ (they are EQ pullers CS) and if any of you have been HP'd to contact BML using the number I provided in my previous reply.

I explained that my EQ report is froze, she said she was not sure if the app would go thru, and if it didn't, I would be contacted by a BML CSR within 48 hours, to go over a few things, I was told that I would not need to lift the freeze to complete the app, they would just need to ask a few questions to complete the app (which has me wondering) but that's the latest update I have.

I believe it's supposed to be a soft pull, but the CSR's or if apping online the computer is not coding it correctly resulting in a HP (who knows), and I also think what happened to you LS is because your EQ was froze.

My EQ is froze (well all my reports are froze) maybe I should just give it a shot and see what happens?!?!

Did you already try?? or was that an example from the CSR??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 42 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

No not yet, and if that's what you're referring to (in red) no, that's just my belief.

Message 43 of 104
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

No not yet, and if that's what you're referring to (in red) no, that's just my belief.

I was referring to the purple paragraph, but OK, I might call in and see what the bizness is

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 44 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I was referring to the purple paragraph, but OK, I might call in and see what the bizness is

Oh the "purple" paragraph is what the BML CSR told me.

I just find it odd that when they call you back it's not to pull your report (CSR said) it was to go over a few things to complete the app. (that just confuses me) It's new credit so they need to pull a report no? I find it hard to believe they are going to just ask a few questions and bang, approved or denied.

Message 45 of 104
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Oh the "purple" paragraph is what the BML CSR told me.

I just find it odd that when they call you back it's not to pull your report (CSR said) it was to go over a few things to complete the app. (that just confuses me) It's new credit so they need to pull a report no? I find it hard to believe they are going to just ask a few questions and bang, approved or denied.

Yea I just called a got the scoop. They don't call you back if you don't qualify, If you do, you may get an email and a call.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 46 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried it and here are the results..........

VIA Email.

This letter is in response to your recent request to open a Bill Me Later® account.Our records show that you requested to open an account or make a purchase using the Bill Me Later payment method on 12/30/2011

We regret that we are unable to approve you for the service at this time for the following reasons:

Your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you.

You do not need to respond to this letter. If, however, you have any questions about this service, please contact us at the above address.

Sincerely,

WebBank, Salt Lake City, Utah

I guess it's the freeze that stopped the app.

Message 47 of 104
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

VIA Email.

This letter is in response to your recent request to open a Bill Me Later® account.Our records show that you requested to open an account or make a purchase using the Bill Me Later payment method on 12/30/2011

We regret that we are unable to approve you for the service at this time for the following reasons:

Your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you.

You do not need to respond to this letter. If, however, you have any questions about this service, please contact us at the above address.

Sincerely,

Guess BML get's none of this here money and good payment history!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 48 of 104
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

VIA Email.

Sincerely,

Are you going to call them and see what the scoop is?

Message 49 of 104
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

You know, it has to be a soft pull because it's only asking for your last 4 digits of your social just as if you were trying to see if you have pre-approval offers on websites. I think I may give it a shot.....

Edit: Good thing I called---twice. I talked to two reps and they both said a hard pull! It is a soft every time you do a purchase she said.

Edit 2: Okay, I think I'm being a little psychotic Smiley Wink I got two more different reps and they said it is soft. They also said they don't report to the bureau. Ugh what do I do???

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 50 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.