tag
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later opened with soft inquiry

@bk510 wrote:

@enharu

what do u mean the TL is hidden?

u mean on the report?

If so, then whats the point of opening an account?

Bill Me Later does not report to any of the CRAs.  They offer 0% financing sometimes, so that is a benefit.  I've bought electronics and booked two all-inclusive vacations paying with BML with 0% financing and it didn't affect my utilization while I was paying them off.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 11 of 19
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Yes, those are the 2 reasons I love BML....

- 6 Month No Payments, No Interest
- Doesn't report so it doesn't effect Util  

I'm starting to put more of my Big Ticket Items through BML than I am with any of my CC's, especially now that Paypal has the 6 mos Financing and may purchases can be routed through it......The Trick is to space out the purchases so you're not hitting the 6 month mark every month on purchases. 

Message 12 of 19
bk510
Valued Contributor

@kimmiller

funny, i just got an email offer from bml.....should i app?

also the fact that thet dont report,  is that mean no hard pull to apply?

and what was ur score?

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 13 of 19
bk510
Valued Contributor

@shyone

same here (experian), got denied just a lil while ago i think,

and got an email offer from them couple of days ago.

BML, i've heard that they actually dont report to the bureaus.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 14 of 19
426MW
New Contributor

@Shyone44 wrote:

I got a HP when I applied Smiley Sad

Me too, last week.

Starting Score: EQ 553 - TU 569 8-24-12
1-4-13 Scores: EQ 645 - TU 675
3-25-13 Lender pull EQ 646 - TU 687 - EX 647
Goal Score: 700 Across the board before 6-13

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 19
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@shyone

The App will cost a HP....The OP that got away with a SP on their App, should consider themselves as someone that "slipped through the cracks"...That is not normal for BML app processes...

Message 16 of 19
omskillet
Regular Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@bk510 wrote:

@shyone

The App will cost a HP....The OP that got away with a SP on their App, should consider themselves as someone that "slipped through the cracks"...That is not normal for BML app processes...

I'm not sure I "got away with anything". I didn't do anything to induce the SP app. My OP was actually asking if anyone else has had a similar experience. It seems like an overwhelming no. I didn't "slip through the cracks" either as my application was obviously reviewed and approved as anyone elses would with regards to their underwriting standards. 

Message 17 of 19
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

@omskillet wrote:

I just checked my Equifax report and saw that BML approved my account with a soft inquiry. Pretty happy about that considering it was for over 5k. Anyone else had the same luck?

Do they do a hard pull?  My wife just got the "offer" in her email, and when she goes through the pages it comes up and only asks for the last 4 of her social.  Doesn't that normally mean SP? 

If anyone can help please do Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 19
mbla
New Contributor

BML is Comenity, now.  Think "Shopping Cart Trick" as an email offer, my Comenity/jcrew card was approved that way with SP instead of POPUP.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.