Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later

tag
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Bill Me Later

Is it a hard pull to create an account? It only asks for the last 4 of your SSN?

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bill Me Later

@laboi_22 wrote:

Is it a hard pull to create an account? It only asks for the last 4 of your SSN?

I'd be willing to bet that any credit based account requires a hard pull.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought some gold and silver on Ebay a few weeks ago using BML.  I was appproved and it resulted in a hard pull on Equifax.  I hear additional pulls are soft if they approve a higher purchase over your limit.

Message 3 of 13
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Oh it will probably be a hard pull. I was trying to set up an account on their web page. It only asked for my DOB and the last 4 of my SSN then said we are sorry we can not create an account for you at this time. Ok. So how do you do a hard pull with the last four of SSN only anyway??

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I got the same message "not able to open account" Got an email that led me to the letter that said my information was inaccurate or incomplete. I filled all the fields out so I have no idea how they came to that conclusion. Not sure if there was a hard pull or not.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitley a hard pull on account open, soft pulls after that if you try to purchase over the limit they set for you on account approval.  They actually hard pulled me twice, once on open and about 6 months later, but removed the second one after I asked about it, as their T&Cs clearly indicate only one hard pull.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitley a hard pull on account open, soft pulls after that if you try to purchase over the limit they set for you on account approval.  They actually hard pulled me twice, once on open and about 6 months later, but removed the second one after I asked about it, as their T&Cs clearly indicate only one hard pull.

"We regret that we are unable to approve you for the service at this time for the following reasons:
Your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you."

Any idea how they came up with the "Inaccurate information"?

How can they hard pull if the information was inaccurate?

Message 7 of 13
learnin113
Established Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:

HARD.  And if anyone tells you differently, ask them to provide proof.

Message 8 of 13
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:

Yes, it is most definitely a HP to open, even though they only ask for the last 4 of ssn and dob. Any future increases are soft. If there is any discrepancy, like the way your address appears, it can prevent instant approval. You should call and ask them about it. You might have gotten a HP or not, depending on whether or not they found your CR with the info provided. You can recon if the issue is a problem confirming your identity --which may be what some are seeing with "inaccurate info."
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

@laboi_22 wrote:

HARD.  And if anyone tells you differently, ask them to provide proof.

Read prior threads on this topic. It's been well documented on here that all you have to do is call their CSR's and they will remove it if it is a HP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.