Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

That's certainly odd then.. did you call and ask?

Yes I did.

@wwtthhpp wrote:

Just got off the phone with a CSR regarding my HP issue.  He told me that when making a purchase using this service everything has to match up with how it is listed on your Bill Me Later account.  The name, physical address, telephone number, email address, last four of your SSN and the birthdate need to be exactly what is used on the account otherwise the system is going to initiate a HP.

I was also told that they would not remove the HP unless it was actually fraudulent in nature so I am stuck with that on my report I guess.

I like Bill Me Later and the fact that you can get no payments and no interest for 6 months at many stores but this type of policy is going to make me think long and hard before using this LOC again.

Same thing I was told and everything did match up. One would think that it would check against the social security number and not the other details, since that is the best indicator for a match.

Message 11 of 16
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I had a hardpull and already had a billmelater account, I had to call in and than fax a copy of my report,a month later they finally removed the inquiry

This seems like a real PITA to go through whenever they decide to HP you...Smiley Frustrated

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 12 of 16
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Wow if thats the case people be racking up their HPs in no time. I always feel like BML was too good to be true.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 13 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

Wow that really bites what they told you, I would go up the later and  see if someone else can remove it

Message 14 of 16
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Damn! Sorry to hear that, I use BML religously because of the No Payment No Interest deal.....I've never had an additional HP because my info didn't line up... I have been declined @ the Apple store once before because it stated it could verify my info or some mumbo jumbo, but a 2nd try the next day sent the purchase through, I rather for that type of error, than a HP error anyday. 

Message 15 of 16
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Damn! Sorry to hear that, I use BML religiously because of the 6months No Payment No Interest deal long with Not Reporting to the CRAs....I've never had an additional HP because my info didn't line up... I have been declined @ the Apple store once before because it stated it could verify my info or some mumbo jumbo, but a 2nd try the next day sent the purchase through, I rather for that type of error, than a HP error anyday. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.