Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later

tag
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later

At the top LEFT of the webpage is the BML logo.  Below that is "home".  To the right of that is "account summary".  Click account summary and it should be there on the left side of the page.

Edit: location, sorry

Message 21 of 36
junior88
Frequent Contributor

Actually mine says financial summary and there is no CL listed there.

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 22 of 36
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

I think the credit line/ available credit is something new.. Some older accounts it's not listed.. I had a thread last week about BML approval. They approved me for 2366 line.
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 23 of 36
junior88
Frequent Contributor

I just opened mine account this past Saturday.

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 24 of 36
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

The inconsistency is interesting, but should be fixable.

Probably because your acccount is so new, that's why it isn't yet listed.

My BML account is 3 years old.

About a year ago, they sent out a note saying they were "now listing the credit limit on your statement" and/or website.

You used to have to call in to find out how much credit was available.

Bear in mind, if you DO go over the 3 or 6 month promotional period, then you'll get hit with all kinds of interest charges, maybe even retroactive to the purchase.

So if you want to take advantage of the zero % interest, then be sure to pay it by the end of the promo period.

Message 25 of 36
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

I think the Bill Me Later and 0% interest for X amt of months a bad deal.  It ties up one's money for so many months.  It goes back to saying if you can't afford it don't buy or try to buy it. 

I'm confused about how 0% interest could ever be considered by anybody to be a bad deal.  If I have money in a savings accounts making 1.2% interest, I should go ahead and pay for an appliance in full and forego 12 months worth of 1.2% interest?

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 36
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@thrasher865 wrote:

@DI wrote:

I think the Bill Me Later and 0% interest for X amt of months a bad deal.  It ties up one's money for so many months.  It goes back to saying if you can't afford it don't buy or try to buy it. 

I'm confused about how 0% interest could ever be considered by anybody to be a bad deal.  If I have money in a savings accounts making 1.2% interest, I should go ahead and pay for an appliance in full and forego 12 months worth of 1.2% interest?

It is a very good deal for those who manage their money well.  You can defer most of what you owe for the full 12 months.    However if you do not pay it off before the 12 months, you get hit with a big deferred interest charge.   Creditors make a lot of money off those who don't watch out for the 12 months.     

Message 27 of 36
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

< However if you do not pay it off before the 12 months, you get hit with a big deferred interest charge.>

Yes, but even in that sense, the typical buyer making regular monthly payments is not that much worse than if you had purchased it with a regular credit card.

Most people tend to purchase larger items (houses, cars, major appliances) on some form of credit. 

Using credit is not bad.

Abusing credit is.

12 months with no interest is an excellent option for many  (but not all) people.

John

Message 28 of 36
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I still have never seen a CL and the account is only about 3 months old.

Message 29 of 36
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

there should be a field on the website that says you have at least blah... 

Available Credit:
at least

(on front page)

or click financial summary and it should show:

Credit Line: 

It also may increase with a purchase over the credit line via soft pull if approved

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.