Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me later credit increase?

tag
jbrown773
Contributor

Bill Me later credit increase?

How does bill me later work with CI, I tried for an increase by trying to purchase something above my credit limit and it denied me and then sent me an email with the reason and a credit score. The credit score was MUCH lower than it should be and doesnt match my current EQ from fico... Do they use your orginal score when you 1st signed up or what?

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bill Me later credit increase?

@jbrown773 wrote:

How does bill me later work with CI, I tried for an increase by trying to purchase something above my credit limit and it denied me and then sent me an email with the reason and a credit score. The credit score was MUCH lower than it should be and doesnt match my current EQ from fico... Do they use your orginal score when you 1st signed up or what?

What's date on score?

Message 2 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@jbrown773 wrote:

What's date on score?

How long have you had account open?

Message 3 of 14
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

No idea how CLI works...

My BML account started at a $301 limit... then went to $410 then the current $531 limit I have now.... both CLI's were after I went to make purchases over my limit and both were instantly approved.

It's a nice TL to have for making big purchases at 0% off Ebay... but doesn't report on CR so it's useless for credit rebuilding.

Message 4 of 14
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

pretty sure if you try to overspend your limit they will try and do a soft pull on you and you'll get approved or denied. they pulled tu when they did mine

Message 5 of 14
IWOL
Established Contributor

Not sure about the differences I scores but make sure BMlL has ypir income listed correctly.

I was denied the first few times aI tried to make a purchase over my limit and then I went in to my profile and it had my income at 20k somehow. I updated it to the correct income and since then my limit is up to $2500 from $300.

Message 6 of 14
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

this is a good question as I always wondered this as well. I wont try it yet until my scores are up but good luck 

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 7 of 14
shane82388
Established Contributor

I try it all the time with my BML account. The score is rarely updated and they dont actually do a soft every tiem you try to do it...if you notice on the denial email/letter it will say the score and a date...it doesnt change for months and months at a time. They are still using a score of mine from the beginning of October...ugh...

So anyway, no worries...give it a shot. They literally encourage you to TRY and see if they will up your limit on their own website in their own words. Im guessing they pull your report 2-3 times a year and just base any following over the limit requests against whatever that score was then.

Message 8 of 14
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

My EQ report shows SPs from BML about every 3 months whether I use it or not.  I'm not convinced they SP for every over the limit purchase nor that they always use TU.

Message 9 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@jbrown773 wrote:

The credit score was MUCH lower than it should be and doesnt match my current EQ from fico... 

Keep in mind that there are many FICO models and BML may not be using the same one as what you got from myFICO.  As stated above, they should have provided the date that the score was pulled.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.