Regular Contributor
370Z

Re: Bill Pay w/Credit Card Do You or Don't You

Open123 wrote:

hutchj wrote:

Perfect. I just saw the warning for the cash advance fee, and I figured I'd ask you because you have experience. I really just want to pay my carnote with it, I'm okay with my student loans coming from my account because I get a discount for it coming out automatically.

I can't speak for other cards, but I can say definitively there's no cash advance fee for using Citi, US Bank, Chase or Discover.  For the $250, I'd recommend loading it in 3 installments.  Sometimes, I'll use different cards just to mix and match.

Just curious but what is the benefit of loading in 3 installments?

Citi AAdvantage Plat. VS - 10k - 12.24% - 6/12 ~ Chase Ink+ WEMC - 5k - 10.24% - 7/12 ~ Chase Freedom VS - 5k - 12.99% - 2/13 ~ Chase Hyatt VS - 5k - 15.24% - 6/13 ~ Amex Hilton HHonors - 5.8k -12.24% - 8/13 ~ Chase IHG WMC - 3k - 15.24% - 1/14 ~ Chase Ink$ VS - 5k - 13.24% - 5/14
Senior Contributor
Open123

370Z wrote:

Open123 wrote:

hutchj wrote:

Perfect. I just saw the warning for the cash advance fee, and I figured I'd ask you because you have experience. I really just want to pay my carnote with it, I'm okay with my student loans coming from my account because I get a discount for it coming out automatically.

I can't speak for other cards, but I can say definitively there's no cash advance fee for using Citi, US Bank, Chase or Discover.  For the $250, I'd recommend loading it in 3 installments.  Sometimes, I'll use different cards just to mix and match.

Nothing really, except for ease since the monthly maximum is $250, and per day maximum is $100.  It's easier for me to just divide it equally, as opposed to $100, $100, and $50.

I've learned that it's best to avoid even round numbers, but I'm sure it isn't relevant in this case.  

Regular Contributor
370Z

Open123 wrote:

370Z wrote:

Open123 wrote:

hutchj wrote:

Nothing really, except for ease since the monthly maximum is $250, and per day maximum is $100.  It's easier for me to just divide it equally, as opposed to $100, $100, and $50.

I've learned that it's best to avoid even round numbers, but I'm sure it isn't relevant in this case.  

Gotcha, I forgot about the $100 daily maximum. I'll be setting up an account tonight.

Citi AAdvantage Plat. VS - 10k - 12.24% - 6/12 ~ Chase Ink+ WEMC - 5k - 10.24% - 7/12 ~ Chase Freedom VS - 5k - 12.99% - 2/13 ~ Chase Hyatt VS - 5k - 15.24% - 6/13 ~ Amex Hilton HHonors - 5.8k -12.24% - 8/13 ~ Chase IHG WMC - 3k - 15.24% - 1/14 ~ Chase Ink$ VS - 5k - 13.24% - 5/14

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+