startnow

Bill before you get the card?! - Macy's

So I opened an account with Macy's last Wednesday, the 19th, and purchased something at the same time.  I came home yesterday expecting to see my card but instead I get a bill for the merchandise I purchased!  I haven't received the card and yet they're already billing me?!  It's not an issue and I can pay the bill but good grief!  According to the statement, the statement end date was the 19th...how can the statement close the same day I opened the account?

09Lexie

Re: Bill before you get the card?! - Macy's

Statement dates do not take into account card opening dates. When I opened my Nordstrom acct last year,the same thing happened to me. It's happened before, just didnt notice it as much because there wasn't a balance.
Frequent Contributor
Countingpennies

Same thing with my Walmart account. Statement date was 12 days after I opened the account.
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

[ Edited ]

I opened my Macy's account in 2011 and the same thing happened to me. Billing cycle does not take into account the date you open your account. I think my cycle was 5 days left after opening my card and I got the bill before my card too.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

startnow

That's interesting! I've never had that happen before. 

Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

Credit One did something similar...the bill had their annual fee on it. lol.

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}