Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill me later!

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Bill me later!

Bill me later is now thru Comminty Bank, when you apply do the do a hard check or a soft check?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bill me later!

@corymcd88 wrote:

Bill me later is now thru Comminty Bank, when you apply do the do a hard check or a soft check?

HP but it still doesn't report.

Message 2 of 24
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

I got my approval on 12/31 and it was a HP
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 3 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

HP but it still doesn't report.

+1

Message 4 of 24
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I had no idea Bill Me Later was through Comenity.  That makes more sense then why I got the instant approval for the Sportsman's Guide Visa.  I question though...  If Bill Me Later is backed by Comenity then I wonder why you can't have both Bill Me Later and the PayPal MC at the same time?

Message 5 of 24
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Comenity just picked up BML recently
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 6 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wacdenney wrote:

I had no idea Bill Me Later was through Comenity.  That makes more sense then why I got the instant approval for the Sportsman's Guide Visa.  I question though...  If Bill Me Later is backed by Comenity then I wonder why you can't have both Bill Me Later and the PayPal MC at the same time?

Bill Me Later is a PayPal service company.  It's part of the same family of service/credit providers such as the PayPal SC, PayPal Extras MC and eBay MC.  It just happens that GECRB is the creditor for the latter.

Message 7 of 24
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

Bill Me Later is a PayPal service company.  It's part of the same family of service/credit providers such as the PayPal SC, PayPal Extras MC and eBay MC.  It just happens that GECRB is the creditor for the latter.

HA!  You are correct.  That eBay card design looks cool, but when I try to go fill out the app it says I am not allowed to app because I have Bill Me Later.

Message 8 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wacdenney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

HA!  You are correct.  That eBay card design looks cool, but when I try to go fill out the app it says I am not allowed to app because I have Bill Me Later.

You can have multiple PayPal accounts so that if you currently have one linked to Bill Me Later, then you can have a 2nd (even a third I suppose) to qualify or obtain the PayPal Extras or eBay MC.  I have both of these linked to two separate profiles.  Word of caution though, if you are interested in those 2, wait until your scores hover close or above ~700, have a good/established history and relatively clean/healthy CRs.  The only reason is that if you apply prematurely for either, you can likely end up with the PayPal Smart Connect account - which is not bad by any means if you link a PayPal Debit MC to it, but then the PPSC doesn't graduate to either eBay MC or PayPal Extras MC.

Message 9 of 24
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

What do you mean a HP that doesn't report?

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.