Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill pay with credit cards

tag
ecocredit
New Contributor

Bill pay with credit cards

Long ago Bank of America would let me schedule bill pay with a credit card. A few years ago they changed it so that you can only pay bills with checking or savings accounts with them. I was wondering if there is any independent service that will allow me to use my credit card to pay for utilities, property taxes etc without incurring additional fees because I'm paying with a credit card.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
IWOL
Established Contributor

Re: Bill pay with credit cards

@ecocredit wrote:

Long ago Bank of America would let me schedule bill pay with a credit card. A few years ago they changed it so that you can only pay bills with checking or savings accounts with them. I was wondering if there is any independent service that will allow me to use my credit card to pay for utilities, property taxes etc without incurring additional fees because I'm paying with a credit card.

The only service that I know of that doesn't charge is Evolve Money. You can only use Discover and debit cards to make payments.

They have a pretty extensive list of billers that you can pay. Just google Evolve money. I've used them to pay my car payment and gas, always reliable in terns of the payments getting to the biller.

Message 2 of 4
Chris679
Established Contributor

@ecocredit wrote:

Keep in mind whoever is receiving the payment has to pay the swipe fee.  This is why you see utilities and such not taking credit cards without charging you a fee.  With a retailer they really don't have a choice because you could simply not buy from them but it's not like you can just not pay your electic bill. 

Having just typed all of that I just checked out Evolve Money and found out that they can pay Xcel Energy with Discover.  I am going to check that out so I can get rewards on my electric bill so thanks to the poster who mentioned that. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris679 wrote:

@ecocredit wrote:

Keep in mind whoever is receiving the payment has to pay the swipe fee.  This is why you see utilities and such not taking credit cards without charging you a fee.  With a retailer they really don't have a choice because you could simply not buy from them but it's not like you can just not pay your electic bill. 

Having just typed all of that I just checked out Evolve Money and found out that they can pay Xcel Energy with Discover.  I am going to check that out so I can get rewards on my electric bill so thanks to the poster who mentioned that. 

Great info ... I did not know ... thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.