Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit The Bullet!! Barclays Approval

tag
maponafa
New Contributor

Bit The Bullet!! Barclays Approval

I was approved for a Barclays Choice Privileges for 2500.00 I believe they pulled TU which is 741 score I have heard on here that people call and get CLI upon approvals if so what do you say or do they ask the reason?  Guess I'm just chicken!!  Does anyone have current number?  Thanks!!

Starting Score: EQ - 450 TU - 429 (12-24-2008)
Current Score: EQ - 680 TU - 741 (09-11-2010)
Goal Score: 815
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Re: Bit The Bullet!! Barclays Approval

@maponafa wrote:

I was approved for a Barclays Choice Privileges for 2500.00 I believe they pulled TU which is 741 score I have heard on here that people call and get CLI upon approvals if so what do you say or do they ask the reason?  Guess I'm just chicken!!  Does anyone have current number?  Thanks!!

Hi maponafa and grats on your approval... Below is my thread that might help you with your recon. All I did was explain how I was going to use the card, provided my income and was approved with a higher limit.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclaycard-Approved-TU-Question-on-CLI/td-p/675655/pag...

Message 2 of 5
maponafa
New Contributor

Thank You so much, I really appreciate the thread and usefull info.  I guess I'm a big chicken scared of being told no!! I'll call tomorrow and ask!!  Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@maponafa wrote:

Thank You so much, I really appreciate the thread and usefull info.  I guess I'm a big chicken scared of being told no!! I'll call tomorrow and ask!!  Thanks

I'm with you as far as being chicken.

Just remember, it doesn't cost you anything.  You already have an inquiry, so nothing can happen there.  And you don't have to meet the guy/gal on the other end of the phone.  After I tried it a few times, it got easier. 

And you can always reward yourself for making the phonecall - maybe a Bloomin' Onion at Outback or something yummy!

Message 4 of 5
maponafa
New Contributor

LOL thank you for the kind words I'll do it tomorrow Ill keep you posted, Bloomin' Onion sounds good Im hungry!!!  Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.