Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit the Bullet, PC'd to CSR

tag
trant3
Established Contributor

Bit the Bullet, PC'd to CSR

So I finally bit the bullet today and decided to PC my Chase FU to the Reserve. Yes, I am missing out on the points bonus, but getting approved for the CSR seems almost impossible with the the rate of my new accounts being opened. I've wanted the CSR since last summer. I do have Amex Plat and even with the pending enhancements, I still feel the CSR is superior in terms travel benefits/value relative to the AF.

The actual PC process was painless. Knowing the CSR required $10k min SL, I called chase, reallocated some of my Chase Amazon limit over to the FU, then had the service rep PC the FU from there, took about 5 mins. Ive read several Chase AA after limit reallocation, so hopefully no repurcutions. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bit the Bullet, PC'd to CSR

NiceSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm the only AA's I've seen are when they close and reallocate at the same time but it looks like you transferred limit and kept the Amazon card open then PC'd so that's completely different than saying oh I have 10k on this card just transfer the 10k limit to another card and close it.

Congrats!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

You are not really missing out the points per se, since you didn't get them this time you are eligible for them as soon as you PC again and reapply, whenever you are ready.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats my plan too. I checked the branch to see if I was pre approved because I'm like 8/24 and was approved for the FU so I took it. I now have the CSP CF and FU. Since the CF is the only card over a year it will be the only one I can pc to CSR. I have 2 trips coming up by June. I wonder if I pc the CSP to the regular CS and then to FU will they allow to pc to the regular freedom? I don't want to give up the rotations categories.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed that there is no AA!
Message 6 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Sure, AA can happen after limit reallocation (you are basically asking for a manual account review after all), but I wouldn't make myself paranoid over it.

I think you did the right thing PCing, especially if it will be a long time before you pass the 5/24 test. Things change rapidly in the card world so waiting, especially for ~2 years, can have its pitfalls.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Sure, AA can happen after limit reallocation (you are basically asking for a manual account review after all), but I wouldn't make myself paranoid over it.

I think you did the right thing PCing, especially if it will be a long time before you pass the 5/24 test. Things change rapidly in the card world so waiting, especially for ~2 years, can have its pitfalls.

totally agree with my buddy kdm here, and I am probably going to join the club next year just before this Ritz AF is due again. 

You also want to keep in mind that although for now you don't get the giant sign-up bonus, you will be immediately able to make use of all the perks (travel credit, concierge, higher point earning than CSP, higher point redemption value through Chase UR portal, Priority Pass membership, Global Entry credit, etc) so it's not like you are really losing out on anything in the mean time.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.