Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit the bullet....apped for Kohl's.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit the bullet....apped for Kohl's.

Okay, so after all my hmm'ing and ha'ing about whether to apply for Kohl's or not. I decided not to and applied for the Wells Fargo Home Rebate card instead, which has been almost a week now and CSR's have no answer and there is no inquiry showing up on my credit report yet. But, the app is in their system and under review according to the CSR's and the automated system. While I would love this card to apply rewards to my mortgage principle, I don't care all that much if I get it or not.

Anyhoo, I found myself at Kohl's TWICE just this past weekend (and about 5 times in the last 4 weeks) and have some other kitchen items I'll be going back for shortly and some bedding, etc.  Since it's becoming increasingly obvious that I will be doing a lot of shopping at this store now that I have my house, I figured I should really take advantage of those stackable coupons everyone talks about.

SO...getting to the point. I know everyone likes to know this info. for Kohl's. I apped in the store today.  They pulled EX, inq shows up as KOHLS/CHASE.  Not sure what my score is of course, but I'm betting somewhere around 740-750 since that is what it was around mortgage time and nothing has changed since then. CL $1200.

Not too shabby. 

FYI - "Kohl's Cash" is where it's at, too. And, you don't need a Kohls charge to get that! It is GREAT. Last week I used my Kohl's cash to get a $80 Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner set for FREE!!  It was 15% off and I had $70 in Kohls cash - got $5 back in Kohls cash as change. Then I ordered a bunch of stuff online and earned another $20 KC...used that yesterday to pick up a Cuisinart wine fridge (small countertop style - was actually contemplating buying one of these for a year but couldn't justify price) that retailed for $179...was on clearance for $71.99 and I used $25 in my free Kohl's cash to buy it down to $46.99. NICE!  I don't know how they stay in business!

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bit the bullet....apped for Kohl's.

I just got the KOHLs card.....700 CL .....Radio shack gave me 600 I think as well.....
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome, Jon. Congrats.
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally bit the bullet and applied to Kohls too. I did it online though and received the message that they couldn't instantly process my application. Bummer probly means I was denied.
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I finally bit the bullet and applied to Kohls too. I did it online though and received the message that they couldn't instantly process my application. Bummer probly means I was denied.

That stinks. I wonder if they can verify your info. if you call in. Or you could go down to the store and try?

Store app was SUPER easy. Just sign your name on app and then give them a major cc to swipe. They swipe card, and the pin pad asks you a few questions like numeric portion of street address, social, date of birth and then voila, done. I've never seen anything like it. Hassle free and quick.

What are your scores?  I didn't think it was a difficult card to get...?

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 05-03-2009 10:57 PM
Message 5 of 34
aquatic1
Established Contributor

I have wanted to apply for a kohls card for some time.  The problem is that I have no CC's Does that mean that I am unable to apply for this card?  Any aswers appreciated....

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aquatic1 wrote:
I have wanted to apply for a kohls card for some time.  The problem is that I have no CC's Does that mean that I am unable to apply for this card?  Any aswers appreciated....

I don't think the Kohl's Charge is a good starter card. As far as store cards are concerned, this is one of the harder ones to get. You need relatively good scores. It's Chase after all.

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the new card, UpUp. Terriffic job on using their promotions to save money too! Don'tcha just love a bargain??!!
Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to chime in with my congrats! This card is still on my shortlist Smiley Wink.
Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that somebody posted that they got the card with a score of 620 on another thread. The interest rate isn't very good with the card that's for sure.
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.