Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Re: Bk.....what are your highest CL

[ Edited ]

emptypockets wrote:
My BK should drop off (finally) 6/2012. My cards and limits are listed in my signature. The Delta Amex is 2 yrs old, and started at 6k. Alliant is also 2 yrs old, and started at 5k.

I'm curious about when you got your first AMEX card...i.e how many years post BK. The Delta Amex is my dream card but I am not planning on applying till I am at least eight years out (four years out now)

BK in 2008, after making very stupid financial. decisions.

Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($8400) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)---GEMB CareCredit ($5700) --- AUFCU ($10000)--- Walmart ($5000)--- Discover IT ($5000)

Contributor

I am about 4 years post CH7 BK, and my highest CL's are: 

$16,100 NFCU CC

$5,000 NFCU NavChek

$3,450 Barclays iTunes

and then the rest are around $2k or less.

Starting Score: 686 EQ (8/9/12), 668 TU (WalMart 8/8/12), 685 EX (3/25/14)
Most Recent Score: 684 EQ (3/26/14), 688 TU (3/25/14), 685 EX (3/25/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

emptypockets wrote:
My BK should drop off (finally) 6/2012. My cards and limits are listed in my signature. The Delta Amex is 2 yrs old, and started at 6k. Alliant is also 2 yrs old, and started at 5k.
I am curious to getting a AMEX ...when were you approved for the amex cards u have?

Established Contributor

amercnchopz34 wrote:

emptypockets wrote:

I am curious to getting a AMEX ...when were you approved for the amex cards u have?

Any other BK CL reports....interested ???

Established Contributor

amercnchopz34 wrote:

emptypockets wrote:

With VERY rare exceptions, AMEX is not BK-friendly...period. You can try, but nearly every time you apply it will be a wasted INQ with a BK on your report.

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

I have green at zero balance that survived bk and have scores in mid 600's they were doing SP during bk but let me keep card ....have cap 1 with 1500 limit and another 1250 just got barclay ap with 2300 limit

CreditCrusader wrote:

amercnchopz34 wrote:

emptypockets wrote:

With VERY rare exceptions, AMEX is not BK-friendly...period. You can try, but nearly every time you apply it will be a wasted INQ with a BK on your report.

Frequent Contributor

My bk was discharged in 2006.  I applied and got 3 "starter" cards in 2008.  It wasn't until this year that I apped for anything and got 2 cards from Barclays - one an Apple financing card with a CL of $2400 and one a US Airways card at $3500.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
Re: my AMEX cards, I innitially got in with AMEX in 2007. At the time, my mother passed away, and she had a AMEX green card from 2001. When I called to notify them that she passed away, they asked me if I wanted to keep it ( backdated with her acct age). They sent me papers and a credit app, and they did actually do a INQ, so I know they are aware of the BK. I had zero late payments since the BK, and all IIB accts had fallen off my reports by this time as well. To my surprise, it was approved. In 2009, I upgraded this card to the Gold PR. In 2010, I apped for Delta Gold, and was approved with a 6k limit. In 2011, I apped for HH, and got a 4k limit. My final app for BCP was 2/12, and I got the 5k limit. When I got that card, I did not get the top tier Interest, and got my EX score (733 in 2/12), along with one of the reasons listed for me not getting the best rate being 'derogatory public record/bankruptcy.' I have had about 1 yr between each app, except BCP. I PIF with AMEX because knowing I have the bk still reporting, I don't want to tempt the gods, LOL! I think in order to get decent credit lines post BK, it is imperative to have NO LATE payments EVER, keep your Util low ( mine currently hovers between 6-8%), get rid of any old negatives on your reports ASAP, and be mindful of keeping a collection of sub-prime, low limit cards (search the boards to find a good credit union, or get a secured card).

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (6), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 RLR MC, Diner's Club MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (7/2015): EQ My Fico: 789; TU MyFico: 795; EX (My Fico): 774
Contributor

This thread gives me hope on how far you can go just a couple yrs ago post BK

Credit Karma - 636 8-12-12 USAA
Credit Rebuilding Mode - Cap 1 Plat(500CL) SHOW MC(300CL)
Clean Up Mode - Goal - No New Apps till 6/2013
Frequent Contributor

$23,800 NFCU

$20,000 PSECU

$20,000 PSECU

$10,000 BoA

$10,000 PenFed

$10,000 360 FCU

$6,000 Chase Sapphire Preferred

Misc others below that

good luck!  work hard and it pays off.

BK7 Discharge 3/05

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.