cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday is here - who has given into APP Demon?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Black Friday is here - who has given into APP Demon?

With all the shopping on Black Friday, who has given in and apped for a store or normal credit card.  If you have, what have you applied for and what spurred your app?  (Curious to see if we have a spike in apps today.)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Black Friday is here - who has given into APP Demon?

I'm almost tempted into applying a Sony CC (issued by Capital One) for buying PS3 Bundle on Sony Online Store. It hands out $100 statement credit right away.

I didn't because,

* I don't shop at Sony frequently

---> Only bought PS3 directly from Sony because I missed out on Amazon/Best Buy sales and I don't want to wait in a line at Target

* Sony devalued its reward points

---> 115 points for $1 statement credit

* I applied too many CCs this year

Message 2 of 21
jmco
Contributor

great question!!!  i was wondering the same thing....

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Message 3 of 21
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I did it last year and i won't be doing it again this year lol. Barclays might be watching me so i have to play nice.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the garden an APP Demon lures with the prospect off free FICO scores from DCU and Walmart/Discover. I don't need anymore credit nor are scores essential but, Free is the right price and Fico 800+ is within easy reach. What should I do? The Demon is listening.

Message 5 of 21
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I knew I was going to to do some spending at walmart and amazon so I apped for both

amazon approved 900CL

walmart approved 700CL

both have 0% intros so if your on the fence about apping do it!  Plus GE will grow with you

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

Citi Forward for the 5% restaurants and 5% Amazon discounts =)     instantly approved for $6,500 Smiley Very Happy

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 21
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I thought the dividend offered that
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 8 of 21
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

I'm almost tempted into applying a Sony CC (issued by Capital One) for buying PS3 Bundle on Sony Online Store. It hands out $100 statement credit right away.

I didn't because,

---> Only bought PS3 directly from Sony because I missed out on Amazon/Best Buy sales and I don't want to wait in a line at Target

Same here Smiley Happy I missed it at Best Buy because I was driving to pick up family.  The $100 credit if used on card was nice.  I just used my Upromise account and got 7% cash back for SL payment.  Easy little $14 back Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 9 of 21
mistabgeez
New Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

I didn't because,

Same here Smiley Happy I missed it at Best Buy because I was driving to pick up family.  The $100 credit if used on card was nice.  I just used my Upromise account and got 7% cash back for SL payment.  Easy little $14 back Smiley Happy

Can you explain this to me? I am interested in the Upromise card, but the only great value I see to it is the 5% on most online purchases. Right now I use Discover and Chase for my online shopping through their websites. Upromise was on my radar for awhile, but I just picked up the Citi Forward, primarily because the rewards could be sent in for student loan payments. Are you allowed to make a student loan payment with this credit card or did you use the rewards you accrued to have them send in a payment? or both? Thanks.  

AMEX BCE $15,500 Citi Double Cash $8,700 USAA $6,000
Chase Freedom $2,500 Discover It $10,600
M & T Visa $2,500 CU Visa $10,000, BOAmericard $7,500
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.