cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black/Premier/Invite Only Cards Out There?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Black/Premier/Invite Only Cards Out There?

@Anonymous wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
I'm still laughing about earlier..... xD

Are you kidding me!  I am too!!!  THAT was hilarious! Smiley Very Happy

Oh, you two are being so mean making fun of an innocent like me Smiley Sad   Glad you got a laugh from my post.  Wait til DH hears about my latest gaffe, he probably won't stop laughing for awhile either. 

All in good fun.. Smiley Happy

You're amongst friends. (Prestige Cardholders)

Thanks Nixon, I'm alright and laughing, too.  I do silly things sometimes, need to learn to edit before I speak .. or type in this case.

Yes, all in good fun dilettante.  I meant no disrespect btw  Smiley Wink Honestly, it was like riding a bike until I hit a "log" (jsucool76) on the road.  Then, I had to look to see what I hit... it was downhill from there.  I'm still laughing!

Question for you, back on topic I suppose Smiley Tongue  Aside from your Palladium, do you also have the JP Morgan Select card as well?

No offense taken at all, I'm used to being made fun of and I can dish it out, too,

Unfortunately, I don't have the Select and if it were still available, I would've downgraded the Palladium to the Select.  I may just cancel it, and get the CSP again.

You can't downgrade?

I recall they were phasing out the JP Mogan Select over time (still another JPM beauty) but I wasn't aware you couldn't downgrade Palladium to JP Morgan Select.  Not sure if your PB could pull some strings and see if that's still an option?

Message 41 of 71
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Oh, you two are being so mean making fun of an innocent like me Smiley Sad   Glad you got a laugh from my post.  Wait til DH hears about my latest gaffe, he probably won't stop laughing for awhile either. 

Thanks Nixon, I'm alright and laughing, too.  I do silly things sometimes, need to learn to edit before I speak .. or type in this case.

Yes, all in good fun dilettante.  I meant no disrespect btw  Smiley Wink Honestly, it was like riding a bike until I hit a "log" (jsucool76) on the road.  Then, I had to look to see what I hit... it was downhill from there.  I'm still laughing!

Question for you, back on topic I suppose Smiley Tongue  Aside from your Palladium, do you also have the JP Morgan Select card as well?

No offense taken at all, I'm used to being made fun of and I can dish it out, too,

Unfortunately, I don't have the Select and if it were still available, I would've downgraded the Palladium to the Select.  I may just cancel it, and get the CSP again.

You can't downgrade?

I recall they were phasing out the JP Mogan Select over time (still another JPM beauty) but I wasn't aware you couldn't downgrade Palladium to JP Morgan Select.  Not sure if your PB could pull some strings and see if that's still an option?

From what I understand they dont offer the JPM Select at all anymore. All of them were supposed to be changed into CSPs, but I know some people still have their select cards. 

Message 42 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

You can't downgrade?

From what I understand they dont offer the JPM Select at all anymore. All of them were supposed to be changed into CSPs, but I know some people still have their select cards. 

Right, there's quite a few folks around with the JPM Select.  My mom and a couple of my colleagues have them (not phased or downgraded yet).  Around these forums, I think Jlu and Lyythine are two that I recall have JPM Select as well.

Message 43 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm going in later today to move a business account over to Chase, and I'm going to try and apply for the Palladium.  Even though I'm a private client and I have a lot of money with them, I have no expectations of getting the card, but I figure I'll try anyway.  I JUST got the United Club Card in the mail yesterday, and in the past two months I've gotten my CSP CL doubled, gotten the Ritz-Carlton and the Freedom.  If I am approved for the Palladium, I'm going to try and have them downgrade the United Club Card to the Explorer. We will see what happens.

Message 44 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm going in later today to move a business account over to Chase, and I'm going to try and apply for the Palladium.  Even though I'm a private client and I have a lot of money with them, I have no expectations of getting the card, but I figure I'll try anyway.  I JUST got the United Club Card in the mail yesterday, and in the past two months I've gotten my CSP CL doubled, gotten the Ritz-Carlton and the Freedom.  If I am approved for the Palladium, I'm going to try and have them downgrade the United Club Card to the Explorer. We will see what happens.

Sounds like a good plan!  So, what are some of the reasons or features that made the Palladium attractive for you?  It appears that other than novelty and bling, some folks have shied away from it due to other competing products providing more sustainable benefits.  Still a decent CC don't get me wrong!

Message 45 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a card I've always wanted, but I'm interested in it now for the United Club subscription.  I'll be flying United from NJ-CA at least three times a month for at least the next year.  I applied and received the United Club Card just a few days ago.  I didn't realize the Palladium card offered United Club access.  I've now applied for the Palladium, and if I'm approved I will attempt to downgrade the Club Card to the Explorer, although it doesn't matter since the fee was waived on the Club Card for the first year anyway.

I'm a Chase Private Client, and awkwardly my private banker is a guy I graduated high school with.  I've seen random mutual friends who have commented to me that they know he's my banker, so I have no idea if he's saying anything to them about my finances.  For that reason I avoid using him.  Unfortunately you need to apply for the Palladium card with a private client banker, so I went to a different branch.  The PC banker I got didn't seem like she had ever done an application for the Palladium card before, and she told me some things I know to be incorrect.  It also almost seemed like she was doubting I would be approved for it, or hoping I wouldn't be.  It was strange.  Anyway, the application was faxed in.

I called Chase later because I wanted to correct something I know she got wrong on the application, but it wasn't in the system yet.  The person I talked to looked at my profile, and couldn't say I would be approved, but made a point to say there were no red flags and seemed pretty positivae about it overall.  They also said that the Palladium card application doesn't take annual income into account at all, which is what I was calling to correct, and he said not to worry about that.  That seemed strange to me, but who knows.  I guess I'll find out late next week if I was approved or not.

So for an annual fee of $100 more than United Club access, or $200 more than the United Club card, I would say it's worth it.  The "bling" factor is also nice as well, I can't deny that.

Message 46 of 71
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@astrangerwcandy wrote:

Just curious if there are any "premier" "black" "invite only" "whatever" cards out there that are attainable for us regular schmucks that don't require 5 million on the bank of frequent private jet travel Smiley Tongue

From my own research I've seen the Citi Premier, Ritz Carlton, Visa Black Card(blech), Delta Reserve and AAdvantage Executive World Elite. Anything else out there that is reasonably doable? I'd like to eventually get one of these and I'd like to know what options there are out there that I may not know about.

Not that it would be in the same category but somewhat of a similar niche of "premier" or "black" cards OP, but the Fidelity Private Client AMEX card is one that comes to mind as well.  I just got approved for this one yesterday (AF waived) but it's been mentioned in the forums and other boards before:

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/us/fidelityprivateclientcard/

THIS!! ^^^

Private but not really!

Message 47 of 71
astrangerwcandy
Contributor

Thanks! I've been thinking about opening up a mutual fund and I might go for that Fidelity PC for the 2% cash back to that account. 

As for the Palladium isn't a major benefit that the card is actually made of $1000 of Palladium and Gold? Doesn't the card itself have intrinsic value?

Message 48 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nah.  It's definitely not worth $1000, that was a myth.

Message 49 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely a myth. Made of the same stuff the RC is.
Message 50 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.