Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black friday 0% advice

tag
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Black friday 0% advice

I have a special for my walmart card for a 0% and am eyeing a tv but it wil max my card. I will call tommorow for a cli since I just paid my first statement but I think it may be too soon. I also am looking at a nikon camera but I could get that at amazon.

Advice to mazimize 0% offers? (these would be paid off in like 3 months but don't wanna worry about interests during that time)

Afraid to app for amazon card bc just got Barclays last month and you know how they are with new cards.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Black friday 0% advice

What about Best Buy? Although, they are crazy on black friday.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 12
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Did that last year, never again lol

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)

Message 3 of 12
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

I have a special for my walmart card for a 0% and am eyeing a tv but it wil max my card. I will call tommorow for a cli since I just paid my first statement but I think it may be too soon. I also am looking at a nikon camera but I could get that at amazon.

Advice to mazimize 0% offers? (these would be paid off in like 3 months but don't wanna worry about interests during that time)

Afraid to app for amazon card bc just got Barclays last month and you know how they are with new cards.

You should be okay calling walmart. My son literally only had a card that he was a authorized user reporting and he was approved for amazon and walmart a couple of weeks ago. He has not even used the card and called today and Walmart  doubled his limit so he could do the zero financing deal and the kid has no history.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 4 of 12
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

I applied for a CLI on my walmart GE card after about 2 months and was denied. I do not believe they even pulled my credit. The only denial reason was not enough experience at current credit limit. When I called them on the phone they said nobody gets a CLI until afte the 4th statement is issued.

My 4th statement is due out this week!

Message 5 of 12
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

@jordanmedical wrote:

I applied for a CLI on my walmart GE card after about 2 months and was denied. I do not believe they even pulled my credit. The only denial reason was not enough experience at current credit limit. When I called them on the phone they said nobody gets a CLI until afte the 4th statement is issued.

Did you call the backdoor number on here? Walmart has been super easy for me. In the first week of having my card they upped my limit from $2000 to $5000 and they doubled my son's limit...soft pull

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 6 of 12
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

@jordanmedical wrote:

Did you call the backdoor number on here? Walmart has been super easy for me. In the first week of having my card they upped my limit from $2000 to $5000 and they doubled my son's limit...soft pull

I called the backdoor number and they told me they could try, but suggested I wait for 4 months because they never see approvals before then. So, I didn't have him try.

Message 7 of 12
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I called right when I got the card expecting for them to match my higher limits but no go. I tried to automated and got shot down. Hopefully they will say yes when I call tomm.

Message 8 of 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Good luck

Message 9 of 12
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

no luck

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.