Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklist Question -- NFCU and Chase

tag
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Blacklist Question -- NFCU and Chase

Does anyone know if Navy Federal and Chase Blacklist? I have a dismissed BK (Chap. 13) and settled for less than full amount on my Navy Fed and Chase accounts. They now show zero on my credit bureau reports.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Blacklist Question -- NFCU and Chase

You could call Navy and ask them, but I've read here that once you get in bad with them, they aren't forgiving at all. In general, Chase does blacklist. I had a Chase back in the 80s which was COd and I just got a Chase this year. But obviously that was over 20 yrs. They *may* forget, but I've read posts here that say 10 yrs. and then some say forever, so it's YMMV.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 8
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

You could call Navy and ask them, but I've read here that once you get in bad with them, they aren't forgiving at all. In general, Chase does blacklist. I had a Chase back in the 80s which was COd and I just got a Chase this year. But obviously that was over 20 yrs. They *may* forget, but I've read posts here that say 10 yrs. and then some say forever, so it's YMMV.

+1...Navy does not forgive or forget. Chase possibly will after a while.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 3 of 8
Cageym
Established Contributor

@searchingfor67 - Since they are so generouse most of the time I guess it seems fitting that if you screw them over they go to the other extreme.LOL

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU does blacklist

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are almost 100% certainly blacklisted w/ Chase for including them in the bankruptcy. 

Message 6 of 8
Open123
Super Contributor

Chase most assuredly does have a blacklist.  Though how long one is on it is open to speculation.

Message 7 of 8
Bandit_1025

IIB Chase back in 06 (chapter 7) and was just let back in this month - after speaking with the Recon dept was approved for a CSP for 7k.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.