Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted by Chase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blacklisted by Chase?

Hi everyone,

I have posted on these forums asking for your advice regarding the possiblity of being blacklisted by Chase. Just a little recap. It was a 150 dollars overdraft on a checking account I had with them in college. I never paid it and I would like to get a credit card with cahse. It is no longer recored in checkstystems as I have obtrained my report and it is not listed. I now have a BOA checking account.

On to the new, I recived a preqalified offer in the mail(before opting out of get a medical collection removed fom my account. I'd like to recieve offer but haven't' after opting in. But that is an differnt issue entirely) from Chase for the Freedon Unlimted.  I acutally want the regular Chase Freedom instead because I plan on getting the Captial One Quicksliver due to the no foreign transaction fees. I figured it would be good to have it if I were to ever go outside the country. Do you all think this is a good sign that I may not longer be blackilsted by Chase, if I ever was?  I'm really thinkning about applying and risking a HP.

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blacklisted by Chase?

Did you try to prequilfy on Chase website?😶
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could just be marketing. How long ago was the overdraft?

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also how does fico scores look?how many inquiry s in past 24mo.?
Message 4 of 24
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

You could still be approved I left a $620 balance or so on my checking account but paid it a few months before and was approved, IF you'd like to pay it you can call 877-287-7303 , it's the Chase recovery department. You can even set up payments if you'd like.

Message 5 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:

You could still be approved I left a $620 balance or so on my checking account but paid it a few months before and was approved, IF you'd like to pay it you can call 877-287-7303 , it's the Chase recovery department. You can even set up payments if you'd like.

Yes, you may need to do this.  Falling off chexsystems isn't enough: any issuer has their own records, chexsystems and CRs in general are information for OTHER lenders

Message 6 of 24
greent
Frequent Contributor

I had a Charge off from Target and I recently was approved for their red card. The CO is no longer in my credit and I never paid it.

Message 7 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@greent wrote:
I had a Charge off from Target and I recently was approved for their red card. The CO is no longer in my credit and I never paid it.

It varies by lender whether they care or not

Message 8 of 24
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have posted on these forums asking for your advice regarding the possiblity of being blacklisted by Chase. Just a little recap. It was a 150 dollars overdraft on a checking account I had with them in college. I never paid it and I would like to get a credit card with cahse. It is no longer recored in checkstystems as I have obtrained my report and it is not listed. I now have a BOA checking account.

On to the new, I recived a preqalified offer in the mail(before opting out of get a medical collection removed fom my account. I'd like to recieve offer but haven't' after opting in. But that is an differnt issue entirely) from Chase for the Freedon Unlimted.  I acutally want the regular Chase Freedom instead because I plan on getting the Captial One Quicksliver due to the no foreign transaction fees. I figured it would be good to have it if I were to ever go outside the country. Do you all think this is a good sign that I may not longer be blackilsted by Chase, if I ever was?  I'm really thinkning about applying and risking a HP.

Chances are you werent blacklisted for the $150 overdraft. Im assuming its over 5 years old since you not on Chex System, so its also possible Chase could have purged this from their records.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MILOfico-I have not recently because I had a security freeze on my reports(all part of getting a paid medical bill removed from my reports). Apart of that freeze is being opted out for 6 months. It's been 3 months and the security freeze is not longer active. However I have 3 more month until I'm opted back in. I've tried opting back in recently to in a way override the remaining time before I will be opted back in. I've tried opting in manually via the website and I guessing it hasn't worked as I haven't recieved any prequals.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.