Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted from AMEX?

tag
Finance805
Valued Member

Re: Blacklisted from AMEX?

I'll work on paying down my utilization then.  Would it backdate to my original amex account?

Updated Scores (All Pulled 4/9/15) - FICO: Equifax-774 / FICO: Experian-736 / FICO: TransUnion-777
Starting Scores - FICO: Equifax-670 (Pulled 9/2/12) / FICO: Experian-656 (Pulled 10/26/11) / FICO: TransUnion-627 (Pulled 11/14/11)
Message 11 of 28
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Finance805 wrote:

I'll work on paying down my utilization then.  Would it backdate to my original amex account?

If you burned AMEX in the past no backdating for you.

Message 12 of 28
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Oh, yeah. With all of the posts, I forgot that you had an Amex before! You're right. Then app in January, and it will backdate to January and the year you got your first Amex. That will give your AAoA a nice boost and probably your FICO, too. I'd definitely start w/Zync, since it's reportedly the easiest to get and has the lowest AF.

You've probably read this here, but pay your balances so all CCs report a zero balance, except for one card reporting <10% util of that card's CL. I always check my CR before I app for anything, just to confirm the balances are reporting correctly. (I use USAA's CMS, so I can pull a CR daily if I want.)

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 28
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Finance805 wrote:

I had an Amex CO in the 80s and they backdated my 2 Amex that I got this year. Others here have posted about having Amex backdated after paying old COs, being in the Optima/Oasis program, etc.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 28
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Finance805 wrote:

I had an Amex CO in the 80s and they backdated my 2 Amex that I got this year. Others here have posted about having Amex backdated after paying old COs, being in the Optima/Oasis program, etc.

AMEX discontinued Oasis program.

Message 15 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

IMO I would wait until January. You need more age on those accounts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with LS; you should be good to go for a January app.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 28
Finance805
Valued Member

Only issue I see with a january app is an extra inquiry when I am looking to buy my house.  But I guess it is not really a big deal since my experian already has 14 hards on it, what does one mean?  Haha

Updated Scores (All Pulled 4/9/15) - FICO: Equifax-774 / FICO: Experian-736 / FICO: TransUnion-777
Starting Scores - FICO: Equifax-670 (Pulled 9/2/12) / FICO: Experian-656 (Pulled 10/26/11) / FICO: TransUnion-627 (Pulled 11/14/11)
Message 18 of 28
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@bichonmom wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Finance805 wrote:

I had an unpaid CO from 1987. They offered and approved me for a new card last year and automatically backdated it to 1987. So, it's definitely a YMMV sort of thing.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 19 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Man I wish I had a AMEX back in the day...

Jealous of ya'll backdaters Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.