Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted from Chase?

tag
SoCalBound
Contributor

Blacklisted from Chase?

I had a Chase bank account with a rewards debit card in 2009 and financial times got tough for a few months right when the annual fee for the bank rewards card went through, I had 15-ish dollars in my account, but not enough to cover the bank card fee, I then got an overdraft fee. They ended up closing my account so they sent the $52 balance to a credit agency.  This would hurt or kill any chances getting a Chase card, wouldn’t it?  

I’ve been building my credit history after not having one for 10+ years and want to upgrade from my 500 BOA, 500 CapOne, 2000 Orchard Bank.  2.6 AAoA with my BOA being 3 years old now. Perfect payment history.

I also have one medical debt on my Equifax, $304, from 2007 added 2010.

Zync NPSL, BCP ($2000), Chase United ($2000) Chase Amazon ($1500), Chase Freedom ($3000), Discover More ($2000), Paypal Extras ($5000), Citi Forward ($2000), Orchard $2000, Amazon ($5000)
Pre-App Scores: TU98 779, TU04 797, EQ 682, EX 788 (Amex) 8/12
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Blacklisted from Chase?

You should probably make arrangement to PFD or Pay in Full before you attempt to apply for Chase products... I have no experience in the area so I'm afraid I can't help much. I know they look at that though, because they asked me some questions about an OD I had on my Chase Business account. 

I told them that the OD was from a $10 fee they imposed that I wasn't expecting, and that's why I closed the account, because their monthly fees were too high considering the nature of my business.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.