Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisting??

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Blacklisting??

I read somewhere that if you app and are declined without a HP or SP showing on your reports that this means you're blacklisted with that company.  Does anyone know this to be true?  GECRB mainly being the company in question.  I had a few accounts with them like 15 years ago and they were all settled for less and closed.  Just curious if I ever have a chance with them again.  The only one I've tried to app for, which was over a month ago, was Walmart and denied, unsuccessful recon as well.  But she told me everything looked good on my report except score was shown as reason for denial.  My TU was over 660 at that time.  But their internal scoring system said my score was 417 on a scale of 300-620.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Blacklisting??

@BrokaToe wrote:

I read somewhere that if you app and are declined without a HP or SP showing on your reports that this means you're blacklisted with that company.  Does anyone know this to be true?  GECRB mainly being the company in question.  I had a few accounts with them like 15 years ago and they were all settled for less and closed.  Just curious if I ever have a chance with them again.  The only one I've tried to app for, which was over a month ago, was Walmart and denied, unsuccessful recon as well.  But she told me everything looked good on my report except score was shown as reason for denial.  My TU was over 660 at that time.  But their internal scoring system said my score was 417 on a scale of 300-620.

It seems like your previous accounts were not the reason for the denial. If they used their internal scoring system to evaluate your application, then I would as them how they arrived at the score you were given.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 13
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Could it be that the past accounts with them contributed to their internal score being low?
Message 3 of 13
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

That's a very big possiblilty, just not sure how long GECRB hangs on to old info.  Who knows, it's such a guessing game IMO

Message 4 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

That's a very big possiblilty, just not sure how long GECRB hangs on to old info.  Who knows, it's such a guessing game IMO

Have you gotten your denial letter yet?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 13
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@BrokaToe wrote:

Have you gotten your denial letter yet?

Yah, I received it a while back via e-mail.  But it didn't really coorispond with what the woman from the backdoor number told me.  I'm thinking they were just general excuses.  But she told me I should probably wait 30 days and re-apply in store, she said swiping the drivers license makes approvals muuuch easier for walmart.  Although it's been over the 30 days already, I'm gonna resist, as you know, I'm in the garden Smiley Frustrated   lol

Message 6 of 13
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

GECRB does not blacklist, but there are various standards for various cards. Many people have been reissued new accounts through GECRB with BK, Charge Offs, etc. I know this for a fact, but its also well documented on myFICO (do a search for threads).

Message 7 of 13
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Yah, I've already looked over 100's of threads on this subject.  Just wanted some more detailed feedback on my particular situation

Message 8 of 13
marty56
Super Contributor

Are you 100% ceritain about the SP?  I know GE likes to do lots of SPs.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 13
Jennzmom

I just received a denial email from them too. My FIco is 681 and they said that my internal score was 417! The problem is that GECRB seems to have a hold of many of the store cards. Something is wrong. I think a bunch of the stuff that they pulled for me is old, and it's aged off my normal reports. I don't know where they found the old baddies, but they did. They also tagged me as having "too many open accounts.". I have two.

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.