Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisting??

tag
greeneman21
Contributor

Re: Blacklisting??

I had a $13,000 Amex chargeoff ~10 years go, unpaid. I applied for a BCE card 4 days ago and was instantly declined, i was puzzled as my credit as near perfect. That night I pulled all 3 of my reports thru USAA's service and notice no HP. So I apped for Zync 3 days ago (that peaked my curiousity) and same thing, no HP, instant decline, my assumption is Amex Blacklists, can anyone confirm that?

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 11 of 13
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I have heard they blacklist and believe they blacklist. 

I struggled to pay then $12K in 2008 but paid them all at once within 90 or 120 days (I can't remember) and not 30 days at month end like they want. 

They turned me down once after as I remember but then I am back in their good graces but I did pay them after I got on my feet.

I no longer spend that kind of money every month and changed my lifestyle. But getting back on point, they can forgive but I don't think they would forgive a $13K balance no mater how long ago.  

Message 12 of 13
greeneman21
Contributor

Well I'm grateful they at least didn't HP.

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.