cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blew A Shot AT Citi...learn from my mistake!

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Blew A Shot AT Citi...learn from my mistake!

I needed to join a few cu's and get my foot in the door. I also needed care credit, wanted buyer credit with Paypal and also got a best buy card. Problem is, with my one ca', the cu's want me to wait til may to apply for a CC. Ok, fine

What sucks is I applied for Citi AAdvantage and was denied due to too many inq's. I was thinking of going there FIRST but was mis-informed that you cannot apply with any ca's. WHOOPS

So I have to wait 6 months. Oh, well. Would have been my first real cc (all I have is hooters/orchard/etc)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blew A Shot AT Citi...learn from my mistake!

AT LEAST YOU HAVE HOOTERS! (Don't mean to yell, but some of us poor slobs couldn't even get that one.)
Message 2 of 6
jbh
Established Contributor

lol

I hear ya. Oddly, I THINK they pulled my Tu when it had 3 ca's. I might have had a higher limit had I waited. So I suggest wait til all fall off before applying. With all the research I did I should have done a better job.

That said, I am thankful for the Hooters card and will let it age a few years.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for an Exxon Mobile card with about 10 fresh inquiries on my EX report. I know it's not a regular Citi card, but maybe it'll look good to citi in the future if you have that one (and you would use that card).
Message 4 of 6
adamseve
Established Contributor

jbh wrote:
I needed to join a few cu's and get my foot in the door. I also needed care credit, wanted buyer credit with Paypal and also got a best buy card. Problem is, with my one ca', the cu's want me to wait til may to apply for a CC. Ok, fine

What sucks is I applied for Citi AAdvantage and was denied due to too many inq's. I was thinking of going there FIRST but was mis-informed that you cannot apply with any ca's. WHOOPS

So I have to wait 6 months. Oh, well. Would have been my first real cc (all I have is hooters/orchard/etc)

Sorry to hear that you were denied by Citi and that the CUs want you to wait until May to apply for their  CC products. 

Did you call Citi for a recon?  You never know...they may just understand your situation and approve you for a small limit.

Good luck to you.
Message 5 of 6
jbh
Established Contributor

Adam,

Yes, they told me they refuse to recon since I had more than 6 in the last 6 months :/
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.