Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blew my lid!!!

tag
CREDIT4BIZ
Contributor

Blew my lid!!!

I have or had a First Premier CC w/ $325 limit and a $50 AF. So I called to request a cli or af waiver or something. Long story short I got Pi$$ed of and cancelled because they refused. Will it cause any trouble with my scores.
"Here we go again!"

Starting Score: EX509TU595EQ595
Current Score: EX662TU695EQ675
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Blew my lid!!!

It might hurt little.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT4BIZ wrote:
I have or had a First Premier CC w/ $325 limit and a $50 AF. So I called to request a cli or af waiver or something. Long story short I got Pi$$ed of and cancelled because they refused. Will it cause any trouble with my scores.

The CL will be removed from your utilization calculation as soon as it is marked closed.  Besides that, it won't hurt at all in the short term.  It will stay on your reports for another 10 years, during which time it will continue to contribute to average age and payment history.  It may hurt a bit when it finally falls off ten years from now, due to the effect of shortening your average age when it falls off at that time.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may hurt if it negatively affects your utilization (not sure how much the missing $325 will affect your utilization).  It may also hurt waaay down the road when it ages of your report.  Having said that, I still think you're better off without FP.  Good for you!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

CREDIT4BIZ wrote:

The CL will be removed from your utilization calculation as soon as it is marked closed.  Besides that, it won't hurt at all in the short term.  It will stay on your reports for another 10 years, during which time it will continue to contribute to average age and payment history.  It may hurt a bit when it finally falls off ten years from now, due to the effect of shortening your average age when it falls off at that time.

Dang, cheddar.  You type too fast!  You beat me to da punch!  Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.