Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blipsay Hold on payments again?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Blipsay Hold on payments again?

I just noticed it appears Blispay is putting holds on payments again.  It appeared for the first 3 months account was open then went away and available credit was available after day of payment.  It now appears they are showing the updated balance, but not available credit for approx 10 day again.  Wonder why this has changed again at least for me.  Just paid off my Blispay promo purchase so happened to notice this.  Seeing if others are seeing same thing that have had blispay > 3 months.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Blipsay Hold on payments again?

That is quite odd I must say, usually when a issuer sees steady payments from one bank account they stop the holds.Smiley Indifferent Did you change the pay from account?

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Nope same bank account.. Weird how they had it for first 3 months removed for a few month then put the holds back on.  Just wondering if it is happening to other people.  Doesn't impact me, just a bit annoying is all.  Probably be in the SD until I need another 0% purchase otherwise for non cat spend I throw charges on my Fidelity 2% card.  

Message 3 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I don't think they've ever not put a hold on my payments (account opened in May).  Smiley Frustrated

I agree that it's annoying, especially when the payments are relatively small (in my case) and since we've been with them long enough to establish a track record (at least one would think, anyway). 

Hopefully as they mature as a company they'll get this worked out.

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Uncleb.. Ya weird there was a time they didnt put hold on two of my payments for 250 a piece at one time, but appears they want to ensure that cash has cleared and put this back on my account or everyones account.  Annoying is all, nothing game changing.  Been with them 6 months now?  Could understand 3 months to get to know you, but  6 months?   Oh well still enjoy the card, just grr

Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Here's a data point... I made my Blispay payment yesterday.  This is my first time making a payment with both new purchases and a promo ending soon. 

I was pleased to see everything credited as it should have and there's no problem using Blispay while carrying a promo balance even in the last two months.

Pertinent to this thread, I also noted that once again my payment is on hold.  Smiley Indifferent

blispayhold.png

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.