Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay: 2% cashback & 0% interest for 6mo on big purchases

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Blispay: 2% cashback & 0% interest for 6mo on big purchases

I just applied for it, with all cra's frozen. will report back to see who they tried to pull.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 11 of 191
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

They use First Electronic Bank, which handles Fry's CC. A search of the Credit Pulls DB for Frys/Fry's shows 6 entries: 3 EX, 2 EQ, 1 TU. So they could pull at random.
Message 12 of 191
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@willwar14 wrote:

I just applied for it, with all cra's frozen. will report back to see who they tried to pull.

This is how I personally find out what a lender wants from me then I decide do I want the card bad enough to get a HP from that CRA when I apply for credit.  Nothing wrong with it IMO as you aren't stacking the odds in your favor, just finding out what they want and can unfreeze it for them if you want the HP or give them a PIN to access CR

Message 13 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

This is how I personally find out what a lender wants from me then I decide do I want the card bad enough to get a HP from that CRA when I apply for credit.  Nothing wrong with it IMO as you aren't stacking the odds in your favor, just finding out what they want and can unfreeze it for them if you want the HP or give them a PIN to access CR

quick one, does it COST money if you freeze your CRAs??? sorry im newb!

Message 14 of 191
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

Depends on your state. Find out more here: https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75/~/security-freeze-fees-and-requirements

I have all reports frozen (one time fee). I pay a temp lifting fee everytime I'm about to app. Keeps the itch away Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 191
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

Depends on your state. Find out more here: https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75/~/security-freeze-fees-and-requirements

I have all reports frozen (one time fee). I pay a temp lifting fee everytime I'm about to app. Keeps the itch away Smiley Tongue

Correct...  In my state it is free to temporary lift a security freeze

Message 16 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

im in california. so not free. i'll wait til i become a victim of identity theft i guess. lolz jk! 

Message 17 of 191
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I think the warning on the DoC site is very true, this will be somewhat a target for MS.    One of the constraints of many methods is the need to quickly liquidate the asset to pay off charges.   If it's 0% for 6 months, that ceases to be much of problem, so volume can go up, causing big costs to the issuer.

Message 18 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried as well. My EQ is the only one not on ice. Came back with I'll get a letter in the mail. Perhaps they pull TU or Ex??

Message 19 of 191
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Believe it is EXP based on the bank that backs them being First Electronic Bank, Utah

Message 20 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.