Blispay CLI ?

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Blispay CLI ?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would anybody apply for these cards?

**bleep**ty service, **bleep**ty limits that cant be improved, cards arent all that aesthetically pleasing, I dont see the appeal

- Customer service has been great for me.

- Can't complain about my $7.5k limit.

- The card I agree is not the best looking, I give you that.

- 2% cashback with no redemption threshold.

- What card is out there that gives 0% on purchases $199 and up for 6 months all the time?

And my first credit card with 7 consecutive zero's in the card number. Now THAT is a new card issuer...

My Diners was loaded with zeroes as well

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay CLI ?

@core wrote:

All I know is:  If I was working in that call center and a customer called in after having the card for only 1 month asking for a CLI, I'd ask the customer what magically changed on his/her credit report in that short amount of time, and why they thought we should extend them more credit when they haven't even made more than one lousy $200 purchase.  Maybe that's why I don't work in customer service.

What about 2 months?  Plenty of issuers give CLIs (some of them monster CLIs) after a couple of months when nothing at all has changed in the cardholders credit profile.

I don't think this can be generalized though.  What if in a month ones credit profile did dramatically improve?  Say all of their baddies came off, they dropped their utilization from 70% to 1% and their score was nearly 100 points higher?  Maybe they ran $4k through their $5k limit Blispay card.  Is this person worthy of a CLI?  Some may argue no, but certainly many would say yes.  

I understand that Blispay is a new company and I'm not someone that's going to argue that after a month or two they should be passing out CLIs.  I do however think that it's reasonable for them to consider CLIs after 6 months or so which is a pretty standard typical time frame that most creditors will consider one after.  Since we have not reached the 6 month mark yet of Blispay we don't know yet.

If they have no intentions of ever giving CLIs, though, perhaps they should say when you're approved that "your credit limit is X" not "your starting credit limit is X" as "starting" implies something different than what could be the case in the future. 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.