Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay Closed My Account - Yikes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blispay Closed My Account - Yikes

Blispay initial CL was 7500

Tried several times to use online for small purchases, like verified Google book orders and received fraud alert.! Seriously....sigh..called and routed somewhere several states back east...to organziation that DOES not identify themselves as Blispay.

They asked me to send docs to reopen account. After googling...I was a bit sketched out and did not send in my proof of identity, seemed risky after reading online and he only wanted faxed docs, email was not acceptable.

They only had reported to EX and dreaded a hit on my score for an account closing before one year. (Remember the hit of 44 points I took when cancelling 11 Comenity accounts before they matured to one year! Was slow crawl back after those early shopping cart tricks)

Was checking EX daily for the dread to hit and then nothing...account has simply disappeared, no closure showing...no nothing....thinking I did the right thing as I was not completely sure of that "transferred"call that night after being on hold forever. 

I did ask lots of questions and still was not comfortable enough to give up DL and SS# to unknown on a transferred call that google indicated as "debt collector". The fax only verification completed my discomfort.

Never even had the chance to use my Blispay within the first 6 months of getting, but not feeling the Blis and glad its now closed.

Hopefully a lesson for others...be careful and seems like my portfolio has not suffered since they closed my Blispay due to a fraud alert. Wish I could recall the name of the company that answered the transferred call...it was three names and I think out of Ohio. Definitely NOT Blispay out of Utah.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Blispay Closed My Account - Yikes

TSYS in Columbus,GA handles the accounts for Blispay last I checked. Sorry to read of your troubles. I love my Blispay.

Not clear on what exactly happened. Apparently who ever you talked to must have been legit if they closed your card.

If you went that long without using it.. I'm sure you won't miss it. Bummer you never got to enjoy the benefits.
Message 2 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:
TSYS in Columbus,GA handles the accounts for Blispay last I checked. Sorry to read of your troubles. I love my Blispay.

Not clear on what exactly happened. Apparently who ever you talked to must have been legit if they closed your card.

If you went that long without using it.. I'm sure you won't miss it. Bummer you never got to enjoy the benefits.

+1

I'm sorry to hear you had problems as well, but as Gmood mentions it doesn't sound like it will be a huge loss.  It's still annoying when something like this happens.  Smiley Frustrated

I am a bit surprised at the fraud issue, though.  Shortly after getting my own Blispay (also with $7500 CL) I made a telephone purchase out-of-state for a large-ish amount ($1700), and honestly I was expecting some push-back from them (I was ready to give them a call).  I was pleased when my charge went right through without a hitch, so I'm perplexed that in some cases it seems their fraud department is overly-sensitive while in other cases - like my own - they aren't concerned at all (for better or for worse).

That they have removed the account from your EX altogether makes me wonder if they suspected the account itself was fraudulent, since that's usually the treatment for accounts that get opened in identity theft cases.  I do know some issuers, such as American Express, will at times remove an account altogether if it's disputed, so my speculation regarding why it has dropped off your EX might be off-base.  (I know you didn't dispute the account, I'm only mentioning this to demonstrate there is more than one reason for an account to be completely removed from your history). In any case it appears you came away with an unscathed AAoA, so at least there's that.

Again, I'm sorry to hear about this; hopefully your experience isn't a sign of things to come for the rest of us. 

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You kinda misled people with the title.  I only use my Blispay for the 6 month Promos. Then I may use it once a month for a fast food meal or something below $10 just to use it for the month.  I should be scared Blispay would shut me down because they make very little money on me as a customer.  By your title, I was expecting your situation was more like mine.  I do make $200 minimum payments per month.  That's about what my toys costs.  A 32" tv (a little more than $200).  Rim lights for my 22" rims ($215). 

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should also tell this story.  I bought a set of 22" rims on my Blispay card for about $1,200.  The final balloon payment was near.  It said I owed a certain amount to end the promo period without tacking on 19.99%.  I made the payment.  When the payment cleared it said I still owed a few dollars or the promo period was not over.  I made a second payment.  The payment showed up but it still said I owed a few dollars or else they would take on a 19.99% charge for the original $1200 charge.

I called the customer service number listed on Blispay's site.  They asked for full SS, mailing address, name on card and the 3 digit security code on my card.  I was skeptical.  What if this was a fake Blispay website?  Lady told me to wait until after midnight and check the site again.  The promo ended without me shelling out more than $200 in interests charges for the 6 month promo. 

Message 5 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, not sure why the title is misleading, they did close the account. Sorry OP. If you ever feel weird in situations like that i think its always best to side on caution and go with your gut. Even though they may have been legit, one never knows in this day and age. At least you know know and can move on. Bedy of luck and thanks for sharingSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologize if title is mileading, but no other way to state they closed the account.

Likely I could have sent docs via the fax, but I had no comfort factor of who I was dealing with, so caution with my my identy docs via a fax machine.

Certainly with my over 300K in available credit now , car loans and installment loans, the other banking relationships I have do not see the factors Blispay utilized in making their decision to pull the card. And yes, you are correct  -I did not miss having the card.

In the process of pruning more cards because it is a lot to track each month and a great deal of time spent on it. Believe my goal will be only keep cards that are over 10K in credit limits and close the remaining or combine limits to a lot less cards.

Thanks for the comment and for sharing your experience, this forum is wonderful for picking up information! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

You always want to go with a brand name bank, so many benefits. Something like that can ruin it. Time is more valuable, not the $5 or $10 you can save. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Blispay initial CL was 7500

They only had reported to EX and dreaded a hit on my score for an account closing before one year. (Remember the hit of 44 points I took when cancelling 11 Comenity accounts before they matured to one year! Was slow crawl back after those early shopping cart tricks)

Was this due to closure before 1 year or possibly because it affected your utilization? 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely not ulization, I run at 1% or below at all times...The 11 Comenity cards were closed in prior year, honestly think trying to continue with same purchase X 4 attempts on Google books (play store)triggered it and I did not fax the docs they requested.
Lots of new accounts in last 2 years, all scores in 700s, income over 100k.
So not sure.
Good luck! 😆
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.