Did you mean: 

Blispay Credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay Credit card

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm at a week since approval and have not received the physical card yet, but the virtual card did work fine for a first test purchase that I did the other day.

Does anyone know if Blispay is good about card replacement or adjustments to a card?  For example, on my virtual card my name isn't properly represented as it's missing my suffix, so I'm assuming my physical card will match it (incorrectly) when it arrives.  I'm wondering how responsive they'll be able producing me a new card with my name represented the correct way.  Amex fixed this for me instantly when I contacted them, but they are a much bigger fish of course Smiley Happy

BBS that's a good question, but like you I also suspect your plastic card will be missing your suffix just as the virtual version does, since my virtual card has the suffix just as the plastic one does (aren't suffix's a pain?  My own has been the "gift that keeps on giving"... ugh).

In any case, I understand wanting this to be correct (I'm very OCD about my own) and I would hope it would be an easy fix.

Let us know what your experience is... I'm genuinely curious (and hopeful that it will be quick and easy).  Smiley Wink

I will let you know.  Out of curiosity, what is your suffix?  Mine is "V" which has been quite a pain throughout my life, I must say.  Many times when I fill out an online application an option to go past "III" is pretty slim.  On one of the cards I applied for last month (could have been Blispay actually) the highest they would let me put in was "IV" so I simply left it blank.  Having a suffix can be a pain.  I chose not to pass it on to my son.  My father was less than thrilled at that decision, but I simply didn't want to pass the frustration onward to the next generation Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm at a week since approval and have not received the physical card yet, but the virtual card did work fine for a first test purchase that I did the other day.

Does anyone know if Blispay is good about card replacement or adjustments to a card?  For example, on my virtual card my name isn't properly represented as it's missing my suffix, so I'm assuming my physical card will match it (incorrectly) when it arrives.  I'm wondering how responsive they'll be able producing me a new card with my name represented the correct way.  Amex fixed this for me instantly when I contacted them, but they are a much bigger fish of course Smiley Happy

BBS that's a good question, but like you I also suspect your plastic card will be missing your suffix just as the virtual version does, since my virtual card has the suffix just as the plastic one does (aren't suffix's a pain?  My own has been the "gift that keeps on giving"... ugh).

In any case, I understand wanting this to be correct (I'm very OCD about my own) and I would hope it would be an easy fix.

Let us know what your experience is... I'm genuinely curious (and hopeful that it will be quick and easy).  Smiley Wink

I will let you know.  Out of curiosity, what is your suffix?  Mine is "V" which has been quite a pain throughout my life, I must say.  Many times when I fill out an online application an option to go past "III" is pretty slim.  On one of the cards I applied for last month (could have been Blispay actually) the highest they would let me put in was "IV" so I simply left it blank.  Having a suffix can be a pain.  I chose not to pass it on to my son.  My father was less than thrilled at that decision, but I simply didn't want to pass the frustration onward to the next generation Smiley Happy

I'm a "Jr." and when I was getting started in the credit world back in the '90s it was a literal nightmare... the bureaus were always getting me confused with my father.  When I bought my first car I got saddled with a higher rate because there was a collection present, but it was from the same year I was in seventh grade... it didn't matter though, even though anybody could tell it was an error.  My very first credit card was also declined, and it took months to get approved and many snail-mail letters going back and forth.  I was "young and determined" though, and had the energy to see it though (thankfully).

These days the bureaus have gotten much better, but I'm still extremely OCD about my suffix being on every account.  Oddly, with NFCU it's on the membership and account but not on the card itself.  Since it's billing and reporting correctly (and I keep the card in the SD) I've not been too worried about it.  Making matters worse is that my father refuses to use "Sr." (???).  It's pointless to shame someone for a decision that was made decades ago, but everyone in my family (including my father) is very aware of how I feel about the situation.  There's no way in hell I would saddle my own child in a similar way... forcing your name on another person is narcissistic at best, and irresponsible at worst, especially if you're prone to make "mistakes".  Smiley Frustrated

I can imagine that being a "V" would be problematic... I find that generally with my own suffix I do better when I simply put it in the same field as my last name.  Oddly, the times I get "mixed results" is when there's a special field for it... although "Jr." is one of the options, more times than not it will be dropped (i.e. NFCU).  When I app'd for my BoA BBR they had a field for the suffix; I had to think for a moment about whether to use it, or just tack it on to my last name... I used the field, and to my surprise they actually got everything right. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a "Jr." and when I was getting started in the credit world back in the '90s it was a literal nightmare... the bureaus were always getting me confused with my father.  When I bought my first car I got saddled with a higher rate because there was a collection present, but it was from the same year I was in seventh grade... it didn't matter though, even though anybody could tell it was an error.  My very first credit card was also declined, and it took months to get approved and many snail-mail letters going back and forth.  I was "young and determined" though, and had the energy to see it though (thankfully).

These days the bureaus have gotten much better, but I'm still extremely OCD about my suffix being on every account.  Oddly, with NFCU it's on the membership and account but not on the card itself.  Since it's billing and reporting correctly (and I keep the card in the SD) I've not been too worried about it.  Making matters worse is that my father refuses to use "Sr." (???).  It's pointless to shame someone for a decision that was made decades ago, but everyone in my family (including my father) is very aware of how I feel about the situation.  There's no way in hell I would saddle my own child in a similar way... forcing your name on another person is narcissistic at best, and irresponsible at worst, especially if you're prone to make "mistakes".  Smiley Frustrated

I can imagine that being a "V" would be problematic... I find that generally with my own suffix I do better when I simply put it in the same field as my last name.  Oddly, the times I get "mixed results" is when there's a special field for it... although "Jr." is one of the options, more times than not it will be dropped (i.e. NFCU).  When I app'd for my BoA BBR they had a field for the suffix; I had to think for a moment about whether to use it, or just tack it on to my last name... I used the field, and to my surprise they actually got everything right. 

I am also a "jr", I found this an intersting read, All of my actual accounts have "jr" on them however most of my cards only have first and last name even avoiding middle initial. However discover has my first last middle initial and suffix on the card. When opening my Discover checking they confused me with my father and tried to tell me I was dead. My VonMaur card is the only card that has my first (full)middle last and suffix. I havent ever worried to much about my cards not having the jr on them sense the actual accounts do.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the share, UncleB.  I can understand your frustration with respect to your credit profile with getting things mixed up with your father.  While I have never had any credit report related issues due to our similar names, there have been plenty of examples of other annoying examples.  To this day we still randomly get each others mail when I have not lived with him for 15+ years.  While I lived with him naturally when I was younger, he never lived at my address so why I'd get any of his mail makes no sense to me.  I've had his dentist leave me voice mail messages asking me to call to set up an appointment.  I've never even been to the dentist he goes to!  Similarly I received a voice mail from a doctors office once letting me know that my blood test results were ready (another office I had never been to) and clearly the message was for my father.  I have no idea how a similar name with a different suffix can yield these mixups, but they do happen and fairly regularly it seems.

UncleB, do you and your father have middle names?  If so are they the same also?

None of us, I through V have had a middle name.

Good call at using the last name field rather than the suffix field.  I think in the future if the suffix field doesn't go up to a "V" option I'll simply put it after my last name in the last name field and see what happens.

Message 14 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the share, UncleB.  I can understand your frustration with respect to your credit profile with getting things mixed up with your father.  While I have never had any credit report related issues due to our similar names, there have been plenty of examples of other annoying examples.  To this day we still randomly get each others mail when I have not lived with him for 15+ years.  While I lived with him naturally when I was younger, he never lived at my address so why I'd get any of his mail makes no sense to me.  I've had his dentist leave me voice mail messages asking me to call to set up an appointment.  I've never even been to the dentist he goes to!  Similarly I received a voice mail from a doctors office once letting me know that my blood test results were ready (another office I had never been to) and clearly the message was for my father.  I have no idea how a similar name with a different suffix can yield these mixups, but they do happen and fairly regularly it seems.

UncleB, do you and your father have middle names?  If so are they the same also?

None of us, I through V have had a middle name.

Good call at using the last name field rather than the suffix field.  I think in the future if the suffix field doesn't go up to a "V" option I'll simply put it after my last name in the last name field and see what happens.

It has been "interesting" at times, like that time years ago I noticed a prescription for a drug I had never heard of was filled against my drug plan... you guessed it, the pharmacist ran it on my insurance instead of my fathers (and it went through).  It prompted a slightly awkward conversation to take place about a medical condition I hadn't been told about until this 'discovery'.

We do have the same middle name as well, and since he doesn't use "Sr." - not even on his ID - it has been very confusing at times. 

Basically, he's John M. Doe, and I'm John M. Doe, Jr.  Smiley Frustrated

It's come in handy a few times over the years, like at the DMV where they require the license number of the person paying for a car tag... several times I've picked up his tag and simply shown my ID, and it's never been questioned... they just assume the suffix is simply missing from the registration.  Also, I once had a Sam's Club business membership that allowed multiple 'employees' to be added.  I added my father, but when he went to get his card they assumed he was me and simply reprinted my card but put his picture on it, effectively making a new 'spot' on my membership available. 

I will say that in most cases it's more harmful than helpful, and I'm sure my mother never thought about the consequences of naming a child after her husband if there was a divorce - which there was. 

Other than NFCU and BoA, I don't recall any other card/credit issuers (that I have) that had a dedicated field for the suffix, so the only place to put it was after my last name.  Since he uses no suffix at all (and never has) I've been quite diligent with making sure it's present on everything of mine.  He uses his middle initial on everything, and to help differentiate between us even further I purposely leave it out (unless absolutely required), so that helps a bit also.  I just have to remember that if I ever have to look something up by my last name, I usually have to put "Doe Jr" if I want a match and not just "Doe", since the suffix has become part of the last name itself as far as the computers are concerned.

Edited to add:  As far as I know, putting "Jr" in the last name field has never caused me a problem with automated approvals, so apparently the credit bureaus are able to correctly handle it.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.