Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay..... Even if I wanted to

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blispay..... Even if I wanted to

App'd and got a verification message. Called today and was told I need to send in 2 utility bills + ID.  I only have one utility in my name (wife has the rest) but I could send in another form like a CC statement, bank statement, etc... CSR told me "no", only current utility bills are accepted as valid proof address. Phone verification was not an option. 

Data Point - Exp 757, util 1%>, 1 new account 3mo old

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Samac
Regular Contributor

Re: Blispay..... Even if I wanted to

I've always found that interesting. I rent my apartment and I only pay electric. What would someone in my situation do?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Samac wrote:
I've always found that interesting. I rent my apartment and I only pay electric. What would someone in my situation do?

According to blispay you would be SOL as well. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 12
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Just a thought, can you maybe send the other utility bill that you had mentioned was in your wife's name, i.e. as part of the cumulative "household" utility bill, for the household you guys share together, etc.?

Message 4 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I'd send any utility bills in your wife's name (especially if she's taken your last name or hyphenates), as well as maybe a credit card statement in yours.

Citi had some similar policy when I opened a checking account, but I just sent them enough almost-qualifying information that they were satisfied. It's possible Blispay is more finnicky about that, but you've nothing to lose by including it.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of these verification requests are so outdated it's funny these lenders still use them.

I would have to really scramble to find an actual paper bill. All of my stuff is auto pay on my cc including bills (except rent ofcourse).
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember once I was applying for something and the only bill I had in my name was my cell, and they said it had to be a utility tied to a physical address so it was quite the ordeal.

I find it funny because sometimes you can use a passport as a photo ID, which has no address on it, but sometimes you can't use a cell phone bill that does have an address on it.

I find that pretty silly when I can easily prove I'm me a ton of different ways but they still want like 3 utility bills or something.  

Message 7 of 12
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

I always send my car insurance bill. Not a utility but no one ever had a problem with it
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ttleigh wrote:
I always send my car insurance bill. Not a utility but no one ever had a problem with it

I'm going to fax over my car insurance and student loan statements tomorrow. Hopefully they accept them and I get a decision by the end of the week.

Message 9 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Some of these verification requests are so outdated it's funny these lenders still use them.

I would have to really scramble to find an actual paper bill. All of my stuff is auto pay on my cc including bills (except rent ofcourse).

But I assume your utility bills are also online?  In which case you simply send a print out of them

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.