Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay Fraud

tag
lokobo
Regular Contributor

Blispay Fraud

Got a letter in the mail anbout possible fraud with a number to call and use of my card would limited until I called. Ended up calling that number late after hours and got a weird message. Something like "AT&T. The office is closed."

Thought it might be spam but called the number on the back of my card the next morning and got transferred to various departments a couple times and sure enough ended up speaking to a security analyst who asked me if I tried to charge $100 and something at Disney Tokyo.

Just a ten minute phone call total. New card number already available to me on the app, and physical card coming in the mail along with affidavits to sign.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay Fraud

Very sorry to hear this, lokobo. I'm wondering if there is some kind of information leak at Synchrony, or an internal fraud situation. Two people have reported Ebates breaches and two have reported Sam's Club breaches just within the last few days. Seems a bit unusual that Synchrony is the common denominator between all of these cards in a two-day time span.

Message 2 of 8
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very sorry to hear this, lokobo. I'm wondering if there is some kind of information leak at Synchrony, or an internal fraud situation. Two people have reported Ebates breaches and two have reported Sam's Club breaches just within the last few days. Seems a bit unusual that Synchrony is the common denominator between all of these cards in a two-day time span.

Sorry to hear that OP.

@hum: I'm not sure if you noticed but this is about the Blispay card which is not issued by Synchrony Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lokobo wrote:

Got a letter in the mail anbout possible fraud with a number to call and use of my card would limited until I called. Ended up calling that number late after hours and got a weird message. Something like "AT&T. The office is closed."

Thought it might be spam but called the number on the back of my card the next morning and got transferred to various departments a couple times and sure enough ended up speaking to a security analyst who asked me if I tried to charge $100 and something at Disney Tokyo.

Just a ten minute phone call total. New card number already available to me on the app, and physical card coming in the mail along with affidavits to sign.

Sounds like Blispay is on top of the situation. I like that. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear this happened, but I am glad they were smart enough to limit the card and not allow the charge.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear that OP.

@hum: I'm not sure if you noticed but this is about the Blispay card which is not issued by Synchrony Smiley Wink

Thanks, jace, agree.  Although there may be an issue going on with Synchrony, Blispay would not be part of it. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
12njoy
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear OP.  I had my own little issue with Blispay.  Last weekend I'm at a grocery store where I work PT.  I made several purchases, all of which were under $2.00.  They went through fine.  About 2 hours after these small purchases, I attempted to make a purchase of $51 at the same grocery store where I work PT and got the message "card not accepted".  I attempted to call Blispay but they close at 2am.  Had to call the next day and was told that I had unsual spending outside of my normal area.  I was somewhat amazed by this as I had not used the card until last weekend.  The grocery store where I work PT is within the vacinity of where I live too.  Very strange that it said card not accepted instead of declined.  Fortunately, I keep at least 4 cards on me at all times for this very reason.  Those with Blispay should note that after 2am, you can't reach anyone so I would say never have only your Blispay card.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Not good to hear, but nice to see they jumped on it quickly

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.