Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay - Interesting FYI - TD Card Services

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Blispay - Interesting FYI - TD Card Services

So was talking with Blispay about something today got a call from them.  Had to fax them some stuff..  I looked up the Fax # and it belonged to TD Card Services...  Weird as I thought First Electronic Bank underwrote them..  For some reason TD Card services is involved as well.. Fax # was 706-649-4843..  Very strange wonder what role they play in this?  Do they fund first electronic bank possibly?  Very strange.

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Blispay - Interesting FYI - TD Card Services

Strange, I'm not a blispay cardholder but I wouldn't wish TD bank upon anyone in any lending capacity.
Message 2 of 68
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Well that explains the no CLI policy.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:
Strange, I'm not a blispay cardholder but I wouldn't wish TD bank upon anyone in any lending capacity.

Interesting. I've had a bank account from them for years with excellent service. 

Never tried to borrow anything from them, though. So perhaps that's the difference.

Message 4 of 68
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yes TD Bank definitely has some role in this, what kinda role I have no clue.  What I had to fax was my DL and Utility bill to prove my address aka a move for approval from an application that failed verification due to a recent move and they are approving it once they get those two pieces of information proving that it was "ME" that applied for it.  Although they don't recon, they obviously did by taking a route that I did, but that is another story.  I just wanted the inquiry removed, but guess i am going to end up with a Blispay card apparently.

Message 5 of 68
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

Interesting. I've had a bank account from them for years with excellent service. 

Never tried to borrow anything from them, though. So perhaps that's the difference.

I'm sure they are a fine bank it's just from my personal experience their less pleasant to deal with, they have taken over a car loan and credit card I have had and they were garbage compared to the previous lenders. just my opinion ymmv. 

Message 6 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

I'm sure they are a fine bank it's just from my personal experience their less pleasant to deal with, they have taken over a car loan and credit card I have had and they were garbage compared to the previous lenders. just my opinion ymmv. 

Understood. I've personally had horrible experiences with Bank of America and others love them, so everyone has their own criteria.

Message 7 of 68
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

So just a follow-up wanted to make sure they received the fax so called them back.. Long story short asked if TD bank was inolved with blispay and she said yes.  Anyways the call finally ended in her saying thanks for calling TD card services.  So what role First Electronic bank plays I have no clue at all now.   Appears TD card servces is who UW's them from everything I can see today.

Message 8 of 68
sr383
Regular Contributor

Did she say you'll be getting your card in X days?

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 9 of 68
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So just a follow-up wanted to make sure they received the fax so called them back.. Long story short asked if TD bank was inolved with blispay and she said yes.  Anyways the call finally ended in her saying thanks for calling TD card services.  So what role First Electronic bank plays I have no clue at all now.   Appears TD card servces is who UW's them from everything I can see today.

Good Info - perhaps (?) when they ran our of money after 5-6 days they went looking for a new source and that's when TD Bank jumped in - just an unfounded guess Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.