cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay - Payment post questions with allocation of payments/charges.

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Blispay - Payment post questions with allocation of payments/charges.

Ok those that have a bit more experience with Blispay might be able to answer this question for me.

Just the other day I used BlisPay to pay some of my IRS taxes (filed extension) then decided to pay them since I had some time.. Anyways I used a payment processing company that accepts CC and instead of one transaction it did two.. One for the actual tax amount I paid and one for the fee..  Was expecting one charge, but got two.. Anyways they posted and I went ahead and paid 700 dollars out of the 1k in taxes I charged leaving me with approx 300 owed..  Weird thing is it looks like it applied it to the 0 percent for 6 months vs. the low 20ish dollar transaction fee for the payment processing of tax service aka surcharge.  One would think you could choose how it would allocate the payment and wipe out the 20ish dollar charge first as this has interest on it as it isnt above 199$.  Is there a way I don't know how to allocate payment across multiple charges being ones under $200 to be paid first?  Do you have to call them or is this their "nitch" on how to make money if I choose not to pay the rest off prior to due date so I don't get any interest on the small $20ish charge? Thanks in advance for anyone that might of ran across this.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
JamP
Valued Contributor

Re: Blispay - Payment post questions with allocation of payments/charges.

I did the same thing and I used it once at Walmart to make sure it worked.

My payment doesn't post until the 30th. I didn't pay much at all just to see how it works. 

I would think we could pay the small amout first. I will be calling if that is how it works.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 2 of 14
JamP
Valued Contributor

Hmmm

How do you allocate my payments?

Your payments will be allocated as required by law, to maximize your promotions and pay off highest interest balances first. When you make a payment the minimum payment amount will pay off any fees and interest on your account, then your higher interest balances first. Any payment amount above the minimum payment due will be applied as follows:

• If you have a No Payments No Interest purchase on your Blispay Card (or any other Promotional Purchase that is a deferred interest transaction) that balance will be paid off first during the last two months before the expiration date. For example, if you have a No Payments No Interest purchase on your account that expires in June, when you make your payment in May that payment will be applied to your expiring No Payments No Interest purchase first.
  • In all other situations, we will pay off your higher interest balances first.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 3 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yes agree you should be able to allocate how you want the payment applied towards.. I didn't see anywhere in the T&C's that mentioned how payments were applied.. This is probably how they plan on making the card work..  If this is csae will only be using for 199+ purchases.  Maybe I can call in and let them know how I wanted that payment allocated being small amount first and the rest on the free interest payment.  Be curious for more inputs

Message 4 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@JamP wrote:

Hmmm

Your payments will be allocated as required by law, to maximize your promotions and pay off highest interest balances first. When you make a payment the minimum payment amount will pay off any fees and interest on your account, then your higher interest balances first. Any payment amount above the minimum payment due will be applied as follows:

• If you have a No Payments No Interest purchase on your Blispay Card (or any other Promotional Purchase that is a deferred interest transaction) that balance will be paid off first during the last two months before the expiration date. For example, if you have a No Payments No Interest purchase on your account that expires in June, when you make your payment in May that payment will be applied to your expiring No Payments No Interest purchase first.

weird doesn't appear to be working this way for me as the 20$ charge would have interest vs. the deffered bigger purchase.  Unless I am not quite reading what you cut/pasted from their site correctly.

Message 5 of 14
JamP
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@JamP wrote:

Hmmm

weird doesn't appear to be working this way for me as the 20$ charge would have intersest vs. the deffered bigger purchase.  Unless I am not quite reading what you cut/pasted from their site correctly.

Yes weird indeed. I interpret it as you do. It should pay off the small charge because it would have the highest interest at that time.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 6 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Here is the screen shot I took showing what I see which contradicts their statement, I think...

blis.JPG

Message 7 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Actually I take my question/comment back... It appears it did apply to the $20ish charge as it shows balance remaining as $300+ on the promotional purchase..  I think I just read the screenshot I posted incorrectly as statement hasn't cut thus I assume it would make more sense seeing it after that.   After looking at it more, it appears to make sense.  My appologizes as it appears to be working as it should.  Just wasn't clicking with my brain... Long day!

Message 8 of 14
JamP
Valued Contributor

Unless they did roll that charge into the promotion and it just doesn't list it correctly.

Why isn't the 2% taken off the whole balance yet? Here is what mine looks like.

BP.PNG

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 9 of 14
JamP
Valued Contributor

Great, I was thinking I had it backwards also.

Please close this topic Smiley Happy

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.