Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay Q&A

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay Q&A

@wacdenney wrote:

If it is hidden, that's definitely another way they could encourage people to let a balance ride and get some interest payments. 

Good point!

Message 21 of 36
Aahz
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

Seems unlikley gen pop know or care if it's hidden, imagine those who do are just a small subset of card holders.

Count me amongst the (likely very small) subset of people that cares and hopes it is NOT a hidden tradeline.  I think hidden tradelines tend to encourage financial irresponsibility.  Avoiding debt and needless costs (such as interest) is much more important to me than my FICO score.

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aahz wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Seems unlikley gen pop know or care if it's hidden, imagine those who do are just a small subset of card holders.

Count me amongst the (likely very small) subset of people that cares and hopes it is NOT a hidden tradeline.  I think hidden tradelines tend to encourage financial irresponsibility.  Avoiding debt and needless costs (such as interest) is much more important to me than my FICO score.

Seriously? Oh my goodness. Well count me in as one of the ones who would like to see this as a hidden TL!

Message 23 of 36
Aahz
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aahz wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Seriously? Oh my goodness. Well count me in as one of the ones who would like to see this as a hidden TL!

Absolutely.  The only argument I've ever seen for a hidden TL is the ability to carry a blance without it effecting utility.  Carrying a balance is rarely the best financial move. 

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aahz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aahz wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Absolutely.  The only argument I've ever seen for a hidden TL is the ability to carry a blance without it effecting utility.  Carrying a balance is rarely the best financial move. 

Not when you're carrying a balance with a 0% APR, which is one of the things Blispay offers Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 36
score_building
Senior Contributor

It can be a slippery slope but do like the idea of HTL and would prefer it having never paid interest on one. I hope not to, ever but with just one false move, it's a toe trap.

CareCredit while not a HTL, has been 0% promo ready for vet expenses for the past 8 or so years, nonetheless, the price to pay with a misstep (retroactive 2X.99) is too high (usurious) IMHO.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 26 of 36
score_building
Senior Contributor

duplicate

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 27 of 36
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Aahz wrote:

I'm not sure why everyone spends so much energy trying to find the "trick" behind Blispay.  The vast majority of Americans willingly and gladly carry balances and pay interest on all of their credit cards every month.  With a flat 19.99% APR regardless of credit and their focus on cost-cutting by avoiding the majority of bloat most credit card servicers suffer from, they should do just fine.

You must really like them, comment in every thread?  Smiley Wink

This credit card is not for everyone.  And, we do not know if they will "be just fine".

Signature needs updating
Message 28 of 36
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Aahz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aahz wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Seriously, my hidden trade lines allow me to carry 3k + balance, and have not paid drop of interest.  That is rather disrespectful to the many here who have hidden trade lines, and would prefer for a little utilization buffer, have a low apr "just in case", and will not affect personal credit report.  My apr's are lower than Amex charge card pay over time opt in.  And, I still have 4% util on personal cards (52k +), and it is PIF (not even using all my 0% cards).  Ugh, too much macho here.

Signature needs updating
Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

The hidden TL from paypal billmelater has been great. Hidden some great irresponsible purchases. I've embraced it fully.

Maybe the best way to take advantage of a blispay is to have two of them, get spouse in on the action.
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.