cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay: WILL give CLIs in the future!

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Blispay: WILL give CLIs in the future!

Duplicated post.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not so sure that they're out to gain all kinds of market share at this point.  Sure that should be the goal of just about every business, but some of Blispay's actions thus far have sort of gone against that seemingly obvious theory.  For example, it's been mentioned on here that for a period of time (possibly timeS) they weren't accepting new applications.  Right there, without taking on new customers, clearly the attempt to build is slowed dramatically.  Second, more than a few people on this forum have cited denials to their applications for seemingly bogus reasons such as inability to verify identiy.  Many people have fantastic credit profiles as well, 800+ scores, etc. 

It seems to me based on these little tidbits that Blispay seems more concerned with focusing on current customers rather than taking on new ones.  If rapidly growing their customer base were a prime focus, I'd expect them to be letting far more people in.  I don't know, my opinion is that if their primary focus is their current customer base than I could see CLIs coming about relatively soon, not years down the line.  Of course, this is all assuming Blispay doesn't go belly up.

Message 12 of 15
Aahz
Established Contributor

Blispay's primary focus has always been on getting deals with small businesses that can't afford their own store card, not on the consumers who have/use the card.  THAT is their niche - store card to the masses.

And that is where their marketing dollars are going - towards small and medium sized business owners and managers.  Every press release and article focuses on what their ability to provide short=term finaincing to the customers of small businesses.  Nearly every post on their Facebook page is about them partnering with another business.  

I'm not saying they don't care about us consumers and early adopters of the card as they clearly do.  But when trying to interpret or predict their actions we need to keep in mind that they're not truly consumer-centric.  Their focus is on helping out small businesses by helping those businesses' customers.  You're unlikely to ever see direct to consumer "apply now" marketing from Blispay - unless, of course, you're inside one of their partner stores.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point above.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

At this point Blispay hasn't given CLIs to anyone and there's been speculation on the forum in many threads as to whether they ever will.  I wanted to report here that Blispay WILL in fact be considering CLIs in the future.  I emailed back and forth a couple of times with Greg Lisiewski, founder and CEO of Blispay over the last few days.  Nice guy and quite cool to have direct contact with the CEO, obviously because it's a small operation. 

While he did say that they aren't ready to consider CLIs at this time, he did speak of his desire for Blispay to become the best every day card available and stated, "We understand that our credit lines will need to increase to achieve this and we will evolve our credit line strategy as we continue to grow our business."

I just wanted to pass that along for all of you Blispay members out there.  At least growth of my CL in the future will be possible, which is what I'm after.

Thanks for the information BBS!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.