Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay cards offering up to 12-month financing this year

tag
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Blispay cards offering up to 12-month financing this year

@Anonymous wrote:

This card started off being a good ideal but a few things that I don't like...When you opt to send your payments whether by check, bank bill pay etc, the lag time on posting which my longest was 14 days from any bank account I sent through, there's a disconnect on the posting which if not careful, two things can happen, a late payment or the payment doesn't post if it's your last one towards a deferred promo in time. (I didn't like the ideal of letting them pull my payments until I got to know their practices better and how long they would be around, I now let them pull the payments. That being said, leads into my other point of concern, if you're really doing a huge purchase aka $700 plus, you better divide up your average payment to a tee for the 5 month mark instead of 6, I caught a huge chuck of interest on a $13 remaining balance cause my payment didn't post until the day after but it showed cleared through my bill pay service a full week before. 

I would not use this as a everyday driver card, the 2% doesn't give a big enough bonus until you're at $250 in, that's when you hit the $5 mark. I don't think the card is doomed to fail and for some that point out that it may be, I think since they are going off the same model as Bill Me Later (PayPal Credit) is what's saving the card, there will be a lot of people like myself that catch that huge interest hitting all at once and lose any benefit that came from the original purchase. I'm leaning more towards using my DC with the 1%/1% and price rewind. At least if I catch an interest charge it's not for a 6 month spread and easier to make large payments and I trust them pulling my payments since they post the pending payment immediately.

I agree completely .  I don't use this for anything but the promos, schedule payments through the Blispay website, and monitor the promo end periods with enough time.  There are enough 1.5-2% cards available that it just isn't worth the brain damage necessary to make sure you don't get hit with interest on the everyday purchases or the deferred interest.  I absolutely love this card, but there are easy traps to fall into.

Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.