cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay members "two quick questions" email survey?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Blispay members "two quick questions" email survey?

@dellguy33 , as for having 6 months financing interest free, unless you dont pay off within 6 months, im pretty sure they do as i am currently in such offer and there are options from $99 that you can use this 6 months plan. I know this is a visa so much better but if one needs to finance for 6 months without interest, pp credit is a great option as well.
@ musiclover thanks for response! Maybe one day they can give you your cliSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry to hear about the difficulties youve had Brutal but a belated congrats on getting your Blispay!Smiley Happy. I remember you were like a dog with a bone on accumalating as much data during that 3 week stretchSmiley Happy. Smiley Happy . Made for some fun and interesting reading. Curious, i believe on a resent thread, i read the ceiling for Vlispay was 12,000. Is that correct,

This is correct as far as I know.  $12k is the highest CL that I've heard reported with Blispay, and I've seen 3 or 4 people report getting approved with this limit thus far.

Message 12 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Income data is really not necessary IMO, my credit profile can give creditors a pretty good idea of my money management skills and my ability to pay back the loans.

I disagree here.  Yes profile matters most of all, but income is a strong factor as well.  Almost all creditors require disclosure of income; Blispay is certainly an outlier with respect to this, so naturally the vast majority of creditors feel income information is worthwhile in their decision making.

You could have 3 people with otherwise identical credit profiles applying for Blispay... one is unemployed, one has $30k annual income and one has $150k annual income and all 3 could be approved for the same exact CL, say $4k.  The result is probably one applicant being ecstatic at their approval/limit, one being ok to satisfied with it, and one being completely let down from it.  Using this simple example above, had income been disclosed up front, Blispay likely would have denied the unemployed person right out of the gate (lowering their risk), approved the lower income individual with a similar CL as I suggested and likely extended a higher CL to the higher income individual which may or may not give them more incentive to use the card more (increased chances of profit for Blispay).  Basically, asking for income IMO could only help Blispay.

What I do think would be worthwhile, and I suggested this in my feedback to them this morning would be the option for income verification for a potential CLI since they seemingly aren't giving CLIs otherwise.

I feel like this could turn some lose-lose situations into win-wins.  It's a lose-lose if the cardholder opts not to use the card or uses it significantly less than would be the case had a more usable CL been assigned.

Just my opinions here and it's cool if some disagree. 

Message 13 of 55
JamP
Valued Contributor

I put a 10. In the comments section, I wrote: I love this card..... 2% cash back almost instantly, $199 6 month Financing, Hidden tradeline. Best card out there to date....

I was instant approved for $8700 which was a wierd SL but my scores were atleast  30 to 50 points lower then they are now.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 14 of 55
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I gave them a 9.   I love the ease of the 2% cash back and the promo financing great.   I was instantly approved with a $7500 CL, which is very good for me.  And even if I were to use a large portion of that line, it's a hidden TL, so it's not really a huge loss.   The app and and the website are simple and clean, and easy to use.   My sole complaint is that I wish the iPhone app used touch ID to access (instead of your full login).  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 15 of 55
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I disagree here.  Yes profile matters most of all, but income is a strong factor as well.  Almost all creditors require disclosure of income; Blispay is certainly an outlier with respect to this, so naturally the vast majority of creditors feel income information is worthwhile in their decision making.

You could have 3 people with otherwise identical credit profiles applying for Blispay... one is unemployed, one has $30k annual income and one has $150k annual income and all 3 could be approved for the same exact CL, say $4k.  The result is probably one applicant being ecstatic at their approval/limit, one being ok to satisfied with it, and one being completely let down from it.  Using this simple example above, had income been disclosed up front, Blispay likely would have denied the unemployed person right out of the gate (lowering their risk), approved the lower income individual with a similar CL as I suggested and likely extended a higher CL to the higher income individual which may or may not give them more incentive to use the card more (increased chances of profit for Blispay).  Basically, asking for income IMO could only help Blispay.

My guess is that Blispay infers income an approximation of income from various sources, including the credit report.   They may believe that model is more reliable than asking people for an unverified statement of income

Message 16 of 55
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I also gave them a 10. Autopay would be nice. Scheduling each promo to pay after it posted takes care of that though. I'm completely satisfied with Blispay.
Message 17 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may just have to be the next card I app for. Thanks for all the great feedback.

As far as income your zip code can be a fairly reliable indicator of ones wealth. IMO, no less reliable than the honor system.
Message 18 of 55
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My guess is that Blispay infers income an approximation of income from various sources, including the credit report.   They may believe that model is more reliable than asking people for an unverified statement of income

@I've read that they were giving out CL's based on the credit limits already established within one's profile and Yes, the ceiling was also mentioned as $12k.  I got instant @ $9500 and they are a "10" in my book!!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 19 of 55
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Gave them a 9.. Only reason I dinged them as I had the verification headache and had to recon and fax in ID/Util bill and took about three weeks to get approved.  Other than that I love the card as it is 2% and 0% apr for 6 months and hidden.  No other card offers those three things that I know of.  I put the reason for 9/10 is verification issues with a ton of people turning into a decline for many.  Very clean website and just basic and it works and segments stuff very well.

Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.