Did you mean: 

Blispay or wait for PenFed?

tag
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Blispay or wait for PenFed?

@SSPA87 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about that denial.  Did they reference too many accounts as the reason for the denial or are you just guessing that's the reason why?

Just guessing. No derogs on EX or EQ (and only 2 very old medical on TU) Utilization showing at 18%. Or they don't like my income. Oh well! I will wait until my EQ looks better then try for PenFed! :-) 

Did you call and recon? A friend was denied and spoke to someone in lending, a few days later he got the approval email for $5k. I'm not saying that same will happen to you but it's worth a shot, you already took the HP for it.

Message 11 of 15
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@SSPA87 wrote:

Debating if I should try to jump on the Blispay wagon or if I should wait a few months until my EQ scores improve for PenFed? My EX is around 704 right now while EQ is in the 650 range. I do have 6 new accounts reporting in the last 8 months (plus Amex that isn't reporting yet) 

Thoughts? PenFed might not like that I am self employed, so I am not sure they'd approve me even once my score increases... 

@Anonymous, there is a huge penfed datapoint thread started by mr baller that you can look @.  penfed uses a nextgen score and it may be larger or smaller than your EQ.  mine was smaller lol.  I am self-emp.  they asked for 2 years of returns.  I told them via email and their little feedback email that 2 years of returns was not going to happen for a visa and 2 days later I get a call from the senior manager of lending services saying she wanted to make me happy.  totally serious.  she gave me the below sl and said to fly straight and it will grow to what I need.  no returns.  then a second inq showed up, i asked her to remove it and she did.  for me it appears there customer service is spot on if you get in front of the right person.  they are like most banks, they like it clean so if you want in with them don't app for anything else and make them your focus.  as always ymmv.  good luck!

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@SSPA87 wrote:

Thanks! I tried for Blispay but was declined :-( probably too many new accounts. Oh well! Maybe I can try again in a few months!

Sorry for the denial Smiley Sad

PenFed is a long term and better resource for more products and services IMHO

I agree completely!

Message 13 of 15
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

Thank you all! I have read up on the PenFed thread (and Blispay) so I'll keep up with that, pay my bills, and look at things in a couple of months before applying for anything else. :-)

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 14 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Personally, the Penfed in the long run may be better. Sorry for the Blispay denial though.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.