Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay payment allocation question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blispay payment allocation question

Just a quick question about Blispay's payment allocation..

So I've had this card for about 6 months and never used it.  Recently, I paid my taxes on it to utilize the 2% cash back and 6 months interest free promo.  So the processing company for the taxes does 2 transactions - 1 for the fee and one for the actual taxes.  I understand that the payment I make *should* pay off the small transaction fee first (since it's not a 0% transaction thus has a higher interest rate).  The main question I have is if I make another large transaction (say a couple of months down the line) then how will payments be allocated with the multiple 0% transactions?   Will they apply my entire payment to the transaction expiring first, or will they split the payment between the multiple 0% transactions?  I see in the faq that if it's in the last 2 months, they will apply it to the 0% transactions even if you are carrying a balance with stuff that is interest based (under $199 - not that I would ever use this card for that).  Just curious, because I've never used a card before with multiple 0% bt's, or in this case multiple 0% transactions.  Thanks for any input!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I know what you're asking, but I haven't had enoug...

Sorry, I know what you're asking, but I haven't had enough experience with mine yet to answer your question. However, FWIW...it is my understanding that you can't get the 2% AND the 6 month promo. HTH. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sorry, I know what you're asking, but I haven't had enoug...

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry, I know what you're asking, but I haven't had enough experience with mine yet to answer your question. However, FWIW...it is my understanding that you can't get the 2% AND the 6 month promo. HTH. Smiley Happy

Hmmm, no as I understand it (and according to their FAQ) - Every transaction gets 2% back (and any transaction over $199 is automatically put on the 6 month interest free promotion).  It already shows my cash back amount (which will be applied as a statement credit) and the transaction is showing up as an "active" 0% promo.  I know there's not a ton of users on here who have this card, just curious if anyone has had any experience with multiple >$199 transactions during different time periods..  It's not that big of a deal, I was just curious if I did happen to use it for another larger purchase in a few months.  What I really wish is that there was a way to allocate the payment amount to whatever promo you have, which I'm quite sure is not possible.  I'm guessing maybe they split the payment amount based on the amount of each expiring promo (until the last two months, when they should apply the entire payment to that particular transaction)..  Maybe I'll test the waters next month with another larger purchase and see what happens with future payments.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm, no as I understand it (and according to their FAQ) - Every transaction gets 2% back (and any transaction over $199 is automatically put on the 6 month interest free promotion).  It already shows my cash back amount (which will be applied as a statement credit) and the transaction is showing up as an "active" 0% promo.  I know there's not a ton of users on here who have this card, just curious if anyone has had any experience with multiple >$199 transactions during different time periods..  It's not that big of a deal, I was just curious if I did happen to use it for another larger purchase in a few months.  What I really wish is that there was a way to allocate the payment amount to whatever promo you have, which I'm quite sure is not possible.  I'm guessing maybe they split the payment amount based on the amount of each expiring promo (until the last two months, when they should apply the entire payment to that particular transaction)..  Maybe I'll test the waters next month with another larger purchase and see what happens with future payments.

Futhermore, I'm not sure if Blispay handles it this way, but after a little more reading about other cards - It sounds like most companies will apply the full amount of the payment greater than the minimum to the 0% transaction that is expiring first (even if those transactions were in the same statement cycle or even made the same day..whatever transaction cleared the bank first).  So If I made a $500 transaction today and another a few days later for $1000 (both having 0% but during the same statement cycle) it sounds like the entire payment will be applied to the first $500.  Some CC companies will let you call and allocate your payment to whichever you feel best suited, others will not.  Time will tell, I Guess!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheSanMI wrote:

TheSanMI wrote:

Scrambled wrote:

Futhermore, I'm not sure if Blispay handles it this way, but after a little more reading about other cards - It sounds like most companies will apply the full amount of the payment greater than the minimum to the 0% transaction that is expiring first (even if those transactions were in the same statement cycle or even made the same day..whatever transaction cleared the bank first).  So If I made a $500 transaction today and another a few days later for $1000 (both having 0% but during the same statement cycle) it sounds like the entire payment will be applied to the first $500.  Some CC companies will let you call and allocate your payment to whichever you feel best suited, others will not.  Time will tell, I Guess!

From what I have read and seen, this isn't correct. Bliss allocates payment to the one expiring the LATEST. So if you have multiple financing older than 4 months the all must be paid in full at once to avoid financing charges. So if I charge $1000 today and 500 next month, after 5 months it will start allocating payments to the $500 first,then the $1000. So the $500 will need to be paid off in full long before 6 months to avoid financing charges on the $1,000.
Message 5 of 7
TaterDawg
New Contributor

Re: Blispay payment allocation question

My experience, with two purchases ($800 and $359.99), both in August but on two different statement dates.  Both purchases qualified for 6 months/0% APR, and both purchases received the 2% cash back credited to my account at the end of the billing cycle.

I've made 5 payments ranging from $60-250, for a total of $746.80 since August.  All of the payments have been applied to the initial $800 purchase, leaving a balance of $30.01 on the first purchase and the full $359.99 remaining on the second.

Unfortunately, I can't confirm how Blispay would treat a smaller purchase that doesn't qualify for the promotional APR, as I'm only using this card for large purchases.

As of 12/11/2023: FICO8- EQ- 828, TU-820, EX-810 - FICO9- EQ- 853, TU- 851, EX- 820 - FICO10- EQ- 822, TU-815, EX-787

* DCU Platinum $10K * USAA Rewards Sig Visa $18k * Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $7k * Kohls $3k * Amazon Store $10k * Citi DC $5.8k * Discover IT $5.8k * AmEx EveryDay $4.1k * Chase Freedom $3k * CapOne WEMC $10k * Barclay Cashforward $6.9k * Citi Premier $3.6k * USAA AmEx Cashback Rewards $18k * BoA Platinum Plus $15k * USBank Kroger 1-2-3 $10.5k * Amex Hilton Honors $8.7k * PenFed Platinum Rewards $10k * PayPal Credit $5.3k * NFCU GoRewards $18.6k * Walmart MC $10k * AMEX BCP $5K * 5/3 Bank Truly Simple $4.5k * AMEX Gold* CapOne Venture $10K* Chase Southwest RR $7.9k* Citi Costco $7k* Sam's Club MC $10k*
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay payment allocation question

@TaterDawg wrote:

My experience, with two purchases ($800 and $359.99), both in August but on two different statement dates.  Both purchases qualified for 6 months/0% APR, and both purchases received the 2% cash back credited to my account at the end of the billing cycle.

I've made 5 payments ranging from $60-250, for a total of $746.80 since August.  All of the payments have been applied to the initial $800 purchase, leaving a balance of $30.01 on the first purchase and the full $359.99 remaining on the second.

Unfortunately, I can't confirm how Blispay would treat a smaller purchase that doesn't qualify for the promotional APR, as I'm only using this card for large purchases

What I am describing only applies after the initial 4 months and the financing is expiring. So your August example doesn't apply. I have seen  bother members here post this was happening to them, as well as seen screen shots on other sites showing blis applying payments to the NEWEST 6 month Financing charges first once they are past 4 months.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.