Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay

Well, last Thursday the CS lady told me to call back on Monday so tomorrow morning I'll be following up on my application status.  I'll report back on here whatever I find out. 

Message 11 of 17
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Every time I call Blispay I get the same lady answering the phone.  If they only have one person manning the phone in their company I think it's fair to say that they are understaffed Smiley Happy

Brutal, I understand the angst.  BUT, posting over and over makes it worse (I know, two stressful things, leading to multiple outside problems, are causing me problems right now).  Try not to focus on card.  IF there is a problem (and the banks got hit hard Friday and possibly Monday as well), it is maybe better not to have this card right now.  Everything works out for a reason (that mental zen, deep breath moment Smiley Tongue).

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Every time I call Blispay I get the same lady answering the phone.  If they only have one person manning the phone in their company I think it's fair to say that they are understaffed Smiley Happy

Brutal, I understand the angst.  BUT, posting over and over makes it worse (I know, two stressful things, leading to multiple outside problems, are causing me problems right now).  Try not to focus on card.  IF there is a problem (and the banks got hit hard Friday and possibly Monday as well), it is maybe better not to have this card right now.  Everything works out for a reason (that mental zen, deep breath moment Smiley Tongue).

+1

For a small company it's not unreasonable to have a small staff manning the phones... actually, I would be surprised if Blispay had a large call center since they are just starting off, and generally speaking how often do you normally have to call your credit card anyway?  When "all is well" most people go months or years without calling, if they ever call at all.  Several of the cards in my wallet I've never spoken with anybody about, even once.

I know there are a handful of people here who are obvious exceptions - and I'm genuinely hoping their issues are resolved quickly and to their advantage - but in the 'big picture' the problems Blispay is having are minor.  Just ask some of the folks with Citi Costco cards... there are more than a handful having problems - some even yet to get their card - and nobody is foretelling Citi's demise yet.  Smiley Wink

Edited to add:  Speaking of Citi, when I applied for my Diamond Preferred card back in May, it took weeks to get somebody on the phone for 'verification' and another 7+ days to get the card (app to card-in-hand was nearly a month) so Blispay taking longer with some people isn't all that out-of-the-ordinary when looking at the issuers collectively.  Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get it that obsessing of my pending application probably isn't the best thing in the world to do, but it is what it is.  This was the 2nd time I've apped for a CC in 16 years; for me it's a big deal.  I just think it's a unique circumstance considering this company is a bit different than most, is very new, and there are simply incredible inconsistencies regarding what applicants have been reporting back here over the last 1-2 weeks.

I understand a small company starting out with limited personnel; I never suggested or thought that Blispay would have a large call center.  That said, the fact that I've called 3 different days at 3 different times and have had my call taken by the exact same person to me suggests that she may be the ONLY one answering the phone.  I could be wrong and maybe it's just luck of the draw, but I think one person dedicated to the phone is a little thinner than most would expect. 

Message 14 of 17
DonDraper
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I get it that obsessing of my pending application probably isn't the best thing in the world to do, but it is what it is.  This was the 2nd time I've apped for a CC in 16 years; for me it's a big deal.  I just think it's a unique circumstance considering this company is a bit different than most, is very new, and there are simply incredible inconsistencies regarding what applicants have been reporting back here over the last 1-2 weeks.

I understand a small company starting out with limited personnel; I never suggested or thought that Blispay would have a large call center.  That said, the fact that I've called 3 different days at 3 different times and have had my call taken by the exact same person to me suggests that she may be the ONLY one answering the phone.  I could be wrong and maybe it's just luck of the draw, but I think one person dedicated to the phone is a little thinner than most would expect. 

I think it's valuable to collect data points and try to create a profile using correlations, as it helps people thinking of applying to get a rough idea of what to expect. It does seem from the info we're starting to see in the second wave that 800+ scores, high available credit and low or no utilization is not Blispay's target customer. I wish I'd waited a couple of weeks and not wasted the inquiry, based on the picture that is starting to emerge. The more people who share their experiences, the better information everyone else has to work with.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DonDraper wrote:

I think it's valuable to collect data points and try to create a profile using correlations, as it helps people thinking of applying to get a rough idea of what to expect. It does seem from the info we're starting to see in the second wave that 800+ scores, high available credit and low or no utilization is not Blispay's target customer. I wish I'd waited a couple of weeks and not wasted the inquiry, based on the picture that is starting to emerge. The more people who share their experiences, the better information everyone else has to work with.

I agree 100%, and I welcome the continued feedback from anyone else that has applied for Blispay in the last 2 weeks or applies today and going forward as to continue to build on the amount of data we have.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

quick update as i just got off the phone with Blispay. told me they mailed out my card on the 6th of june.  asked me if i wanted to block that card and have them send me a new card with new number. i said sure.. she also told me it should have only took 7-10 days.  asked me a few questions making sure they have correct address which they did and asked me about a test charge i put on the account after i was approved.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.