Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdale's Amex Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bloomingdale's Amex Upgrade

Just paid Bloomingdale's card down to zero and had a question directed to those of you who went for the Amex upgrade. The regular Bloomingdale's really isn't as much use to me - I love Bloomingdale's, but the interest rate on the card is high, and you can belong to the loyalist program without having the credit card.

Considering the upgrade, but I just got 10 new Visa and MC's after a spree.

Did you try for the Amex upgrade when you had a lot of recent inquiries, and if so, which bureau did they SP for the upgrade? Most people on the boards are saying it is an SP.  I looked in creditpulls but cannot find a lot related to upgrades, and there is somewhat limited information for Bloomingdale's. 

Your experience would help if you would be kind enough to share it. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bloomingdale's Amex Upgrade

They have always sent me a denial showing an EQ score which I find odd since Macys and Bloomingdales usually pull EX exclusively.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

They have always sent me a denial showing an EQ score which I find odd since Macys and Bloomingdales usually pull EX exclusively.

CA, thank you very much. This is super helpful to know. My EQ has the most inquiries and if they denied you (with all the good credit you have), maybe I don't stand a chance with getting the upgrade granted. Maybe I should not bother to ask. Do you think they are inquiry sensitive?

Is it possible that they pull EX for new accounts and possibly EQ for upgrades? That is so unusual.

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

CA, thank you very much. This is super helpful to know. My EQ has the most inquiries and if they denied you (with all the good credit you have), maybe I don't stand a chance with getting the upgrade granted. Maybe I should not bother to ask. Do you think they are inquiry sensitive?

Is it possible that they pull EX for new accounts and possibly EQ for upgrades? That is so unusual.

I don't think they are that INQ sensitive... My EQ still lists my BK though.

I think if you EQ is 680+ you stand a chance and what does it hurt to ask... I have asked 3 or 4 times now I think but I also only have a $2500 limit on my store card and my last 2 requests for cli were declined.  I don't really use the card much either but still!

Message 4 of 6
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

When I upgraded my account on Macy's and Bloomingdale's it was a SP on EX both times. 

Message 5 of 6
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats.......

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.