Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdales CLI

tag
lazylane
New Contributor

Bloomingdales CLI

I started with a $200 cl and I've had the account for about 10 months, used it a few times and PIF. I couldn't do MUCH shopping there with $200 so I  frequently checked my spending limit but it was always at $200. I inquired about it being increased several times and each time they said it would be a HP. I called them last night and finally I said screw and and let them do a HP (I figured what do I have to lose, since I already have an inq from my recent AMEX approval, what's one more??) In the end they increased my spending limit from $200 to $2000.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bloomingdales CLI

Congrats!!!

Bloomie's is expensive, $200 doesn't even buy a dress! LOL  I mostly use mine for cosmetics/perfume Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lazylane wrote:

I started with a $200 cl and I've had the account for about 10 months, used it a few times and PIF. I couldn't do MUCH shopping there with $200 so I  frequently checked my spending limit but it was always at $200. I inquired about it being increased several times and each time they said it would be a HP. I called them last night and finally I said screw and and let them do a HP (I figured what do I have to lose, since I already have an inq from my recent AMEX approval, what's one more??) In the end they increased my spending limit from $200 to $2000.

I would be surprised if it ended up being HP but keep us posted... The reps just don't understand... but they are same is Macy's, I have never seen a HP after approval unless you are trying to upgrade to the Amex later if you only have store card currently/

Message 3 of 8
lovely222
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@lazylane wrote:

I would be surprised if it ended up being HP but keep us posted... The reps just don't understand... but they are same is Macy's, I have never seen a HP after approval unless you are trying to upgrade to the Amex later if you only have store card currently/

What about if you apply for a CLI online? Will it still be soft?

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lovely222 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@lazylane wrote:

What about if you apply for a CLI online? Will it still be soft?

Don't think you can request CLI online for Store... Just Amex side of the account if you have both.

Message 5 of 8
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Ah, I see. The trickery! I don't have the Amex but it gives me the option to request a CLI online. Boo.
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lovely222 wrote:
Ah, I see. The trickery! I don't have the Amex but it gives me the option to request a CLI online. Boo.

Maybe it's changed... what happens when you click on it?

Message 7 of 8
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Nothing Smiley Sad

"Fill in the fields below and we will notify you by email when a decision has been made. This option is currently only available for Bloomingdale's American Express® purchases made outside of Bloomingdale's."

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.