Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdales and Macys - RANT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bloomingdales and Macys - RANT

The accounts still have not updated for me on my credit reports since 9/1/2015.

Am I the last person in the universe to get their account updated since conversion?

Absolutely nuts!  Carrying small balance to try and force reporting to update. No Go

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bloomingdales and Macys - RANT

It is very interesting (and sometimes aggravating) how certain entities update. I have had to wait almost three months for some and others report the day after I am approved. Who knows? Perhaps someone has a clue.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The accounts still have not updated for me on my credit reports since 9/1/2015.

Am I the last person in the universe to get their account updated since conversion?

Absolutely nuts!  Carrying small balance to try and force reporting to update. No Go

You're not the only one. Macy's reported for me in October to TU but hasn't reported to any other bureau since August 25. Every time I call regarding that I get a notice telling me... Thank you for being a customer. We will close your account as requested and report to the credit bureaus. I won't even call anymore because no one seems to know what is going on!

Message 3 of 13
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I havn't had a report in nearly 3 months, my new 25k store limit still hasn't posted, I did contact their credit dept and they said they reported the new info as I requested and they even sent me a letter saying they have sent updated info as I requested and its over 2 weeks later and still no update..

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

I havn't had a report in nearly 3 months, my new 25k store limit still hasn't posted, I did contact their credit dept and they said they reported the new info as I requested and they even sent me a letter saying they have sent updated info as I requested and its over 2 weeks later and still no update..

I got that same letter and nothing. I swear their system is so messed up. I'm just about ready to dispute the incorrect information on my credit report to force them to report. My old credit line was $800 and they reported twice that month. The last time they reported I had a balance of $425 which put me over 50% utilization. It's weird because they reported almost 3 weeks after the statement closed. I made a purchase a couple days after the statement closed so my utilization wouldn't be high and they end up reporting after my purchase. They really screwed me up because my EX and EQ are reporting over 50% utilization and my actual utilization is 9%. 

Message 5 of 13
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I opened a card in August and it has yet to report. Funny thing is my grandparents have a store card and a Macy's Amex and they both report on my EX, I am not on those account in any way but there they are, figure that out?
Message 6 of 13
willwar14
Valued Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
I opened a card in August and it has yet to report. Funny thing is my grandparents have a store card and a Macy's Amex and they both report on my EX, I am not on those account in any way but there they are, figure that out?

They mostlikely have you as an authorized user..

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 7 of 13
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

They mostlikely have you as an authorized user..

No I am not an AU, they just have me mistaken for my grandfather. It says I share the account with my grandmother. I just found it odd, of course our last names are the same, but I have a different first name and address, so how do they make that mistake? Hey I'll take the 20 plus years of positive TL in the meantime. 

Message 8 of 13
happy0510
Established Contributor

You are not the only one in the universe. They are the only ones left I am waiting to report.  Smiley Mad

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened Macy's Amex October 1st and received my first statement Oct 13, statement 2 Nov 13...no report to the bureau.  Spoke to the credit dept a few times and there excuse changes everytime...it takes to two billing cycles and now three billing cycles, they will enter my info manually and on and on. The other day I spoke to a Supervisor who indicated that it will report next month.  I'm beginning to think this will be a hidden tradeline, lol!  I started with 4K limit, but I would be livid if I had a 25K limit, the utilization benefit is major.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.