Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdales and reporting to the CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bloomingdales and reporting to the CRA

Does anyone know about when Bloomingdales reports to the CRA? Do they wait until you use the card?

I ask because I got approved for Macys and Bloomingdales the same day.

This was late on a Friday night(8th). I used the Macys the next day(9th).

Macys appeared on my report the next week with a report date of 8/10/08.

Bloomingdales has never reported. Just curious if it was because I hadn't used, or maybe I just missed the reporting day, or it hasn't came this month yet.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 08-28-2008 09:35 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bloomingdales and reporting to the CRA

sidewinder wrote:
Does anyone know about when Bloomingdales reports to the CRA? Do they wait until you use the card?

I ask because I got approved for Macys and Bloomingdales the same day.

This was late on a Friday night(8th). I used the Macys the next day(9th).

Macys appeared on my report the next week with a report date of 8/10/08.

Bloomingdales has never reported. Just curious if it was because I hadn't used, or maybe I just missed the reporting day, or it hasn't came this month yet.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 08-28-2008 09:35 PM

I also got both at the same time. I can't remember if I used one before the other or not. And I didn't keep good TC records then, but both cards reported around the 5-6 week mark after applying and I used both of the cards before then. Both reported a balance. Bloomingdale's due date is one week after Macys. In other words, I applied for both on 10/19/07. By 11/20, both had reported balances.

My Macys is due around the 3rd and DW's is around the 13th. She had applied around 12/10. My Bloomingdales is due on the 11th.

I don't know if that helps or not.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's didn't waste no time. Approved on Friday, used on Saturday, reported on Sunday.

I am tempted to buy something from Bloomingdales to see if they report right away like Macys did.

I called Bloomingdales and Macys and was told they have no set time they report, just randomly through out the month. This doesn't seem right and sounded like a "go away, I don't know and have no desire to ask" answer from the CSR.
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe they randomly assign statement dates for new cardholders to stagger the cashflow. That would reduce the billing workload and spread more evenly payment processing.

Then too, 3 days is fast!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Bloomingdales/Macys tonite because I haven't ever received by cards in the mail. Somehow they have my correct street address and wrong city. The city belonged to a previous address.

Anyhow, while on the phone I asked about them reporting. They stated they report on payment due date and until you use the card you have no due date. So, I took that as I needed to use the card before they reported.

Which, my payment due date for Macys is on the 10th and they did report on the 10th.

I purchased something from Bloomingdales to see if it would report asap like Macys.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.